Increasingly, the business world understands that effective people management is a strategic imperative, without which organisations cannot function effectively and thus unable to expand and sustain their business. The role of the HR professional has changed considerably given the amazing technological advances and consequently, the competencies required for HR professionals have become more demanding.
As a result, employers expect that Human Resource professionals will need to be able to demonstrate not only in-depth and thorough knowledge of Human Resource concepts and requirements, but also essential behavioural skills and competencies required to effectively apply that knowledge in the modern workplace in support of organizational strategic goals.
Participants who attend this programme have the option to undertake the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certifications which are considered to be clear indications of a high-level of knowledge, skill and expertise in the field. The SHRM certifications are recognized worldwide.
- Human Resource professionals wanting to develop their knowledge and skills
- Human Resource professionals, including senior professionals, wanting to have a thorough understanding of matters related to HR concepts and processes as well as the skills that are essential for the effective management of their departments, units and organisations.
- Senior HR professionals wanting to bring best practices to their organisations and gain the most up to date knowledge on HR issues
- Business owners and Managers who are responsible for the HR function
- Business Strategy
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Understanding the competencies
- Leadership and Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global Cultural Effectiveness
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organisational Effectiveness and Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
Technology & Data
- Case Studies/ Questions and Answers
Through a practical approach, participants will learn and understand essential Human Resource concepts and practices and develop the key skills required to be effective in their everyday profession; specifically, participants will learn and develop the following:
- Leadership/Navigation – the ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within an organisation
- Ethical Practice – the ability to integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organisational and business practices
- Business Acumen – the ability to understand and apply information with which to contribute to an organisation’s strategic plan
- Relationship Management – the ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support an organisation as well as to provide guidance to organisational stakeholders
- Critical Evaluation – the ability to interpret information with which to make business decisions and recommendations
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness – the ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties
- Communication – the ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with stakeholders
- Consultation – The ability to provide guidance on planning and structuring the workforce, based on current and future needs of an organisation and key stakeholders
Benefits for you
- Learn how to innovate by improving/creating value-added activities/features.
- Learn how to optimise value for the firm.
Benefits for your organisation
Innovation will contribute to:
- Uniqueness and impact on the experiences delivered
- Highly differentiated value proposition
- Divergent thinking in the design of the delivery model
SHRM Examination Information (Optional)
For a comprehensive description about the SHRM examination, please click here.
The examination fee for SHRM Members is 300 USD, and 400 USD for non-SHRM Members. The fees are paid directly to SHRM, and include a 50 USD non-refundable application processing fee or a 75 USD non-refundable application processing fee for late registrations.
The regular application deadline for the exam is 19 October 2018 and the late application deadline is 9 November 2018. Examinations will be held at a Prometric Test Centre in Nicosia during the period of 01/12/2018 – 15/02/2019. The specific exam dates will be published in due course.
To register for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examination, you must complete the respective application form at the SHRM website.
SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SCP
The 2018 SHRM Learning System is delivered in a fully online format—providing comprehensive, flexible and effective SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation. Real-life situations that require decision-making skills are incorporated into the online learning modules in addition to study tools to help you better understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR knowledge.
Professionals who use the SHRM Learning System to prepare for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam consistently beat the average pass rate.
SHRM has designed several learning options to suit different learning styles, schedules, group sizes and locations. Choose the format that fits your learning preference here.
To proceed with your registration, please complete the form below. Participation is subject to availability.