A Programme in Coaching/Mentoring accredited with the European Quality Award (EQA) of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) at Foundation Level
CIIM Executive Education Centre in collaboration with Bluesky International offers the professional programme “EMCC EIA Accredited Coach/Mentor – Foundation Level”. The programme is accredited with the European Quality Award of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) at Foundation level.
Leaders of today are asked to drive performance and achieve results in a fast-changing business environment. A key challenge for them is to ensure that their people are fully utilized and totally engaged in the workplace. The leader is asked to undertake the role of a coach with the aim to develop people’s talent and unlock their full potential.
Coaching is today an essential leadership skill, one that builds strong working relationships, long-term people development and an organizational culture which promotes sharing of knowledge and success.
The programme draws on coaching tools and approaches and will be highly interactive and participative through discussions, group exercises, role plays and self-reflection work.
- Line Managers in organizations across all industries/sectors who wish to learn how to incorporate coaching in their leadership role
- Newly appointed team leaders who want to motivate their people to generate high performance results.
- HR and Learning & Development professionals or Occupational Psychologists who wish to learn the principles and practice of coaching.
- Coaches who wish to make sure that their coaching practice aligns with the standards of a professional coaching/mentoring body.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the context, process and content of effective workplace coaching/mentoring
- Develop the skills and abilities to integrate coaching/mentoring into a workplace role
- Deepen own understanding of what represents ethical practice in coaching
- Reflect and assess own abilities in coaching/mentoring and foster self-development
- Reflect on own communication, rapport building and interpersonal skills when coaching/mentoring
- Introduction to the programme
- Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching Continuum: Knowing when you are coaching and when you’re not!
- Introduction to the EMCC Competency Framework: the 8 competences for professional practice
- Behaviours required by a workplace coach/mentor – the importance of self-awareness
- Managing the Coaching/Mentoring “Contract”
- Understand the process and content of effective workplace coaching/mentoring
- Effective Communication Skills
- Verbal vs Non-Verbal Communication
- The Importance of Active Listening
- How to use Questions Effectively: working with seven types of questions
- Giving and Receiving Feedback: encouraging reflection on personal impact
- Building and Maintaining Rapport – Emotional Intelligence in practice
- T-GROW practice: how to apply a coaching model to achieve results
- Assess own abilities of applying coach/mentor skills; how are you measuring up to professional standards?
- Summarise reflections on practice skills: emphasis on strengths and areas for development
- Plan future development needs to maintain the learning process
- Observed practice sessions: an opportunity to showcase your practice and get feedback on your skills as coach/mentor
European Individual Accreditation Process – EIA (optional)
This is in addition to programme portfolio and should be completed within 6 months of training start date. Our subject matter expert will be offering mentoring to participants who wish to pursue the EMCC EIA accreditation process – Foundation level.
Accreditation Criteria (optional)
- 6 months coaching/mentoring experience prior to start of programme evidenced, for example, by a dated invoice, email or company letter.
- 50 hours of coaching/mentoring since the start of practice
- 5 coachees since the start of practice
- Continuous professional development of 16 hours in the 12 months before EIA application – Participation in the specific programme meets this requirement
- Coach/Mentor supervision of 1 hour for each quarter of practice in the last 12 months before EIA application
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. EMCC)
Accreditation Additional Fees (optional)
If you would like to pursue the accreditation by the EMCC and become an accredited coach by the EMCC, the following fee applies: €450,00
To proceed with your registration, please complete the form below. Participation is subject to availability.