The project management standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute are the most important industry-recognized for project managers. By using the PMI’s PMP – Project Management Professional methodology, you can work in virtually any industry and at any location.
Globally recognized and in demand, the PMP demonstrates to employers, clients and colleagues that a project manager possesses project management knowledge, experience and skills to bring projects to successful completion.
As the demand for certified project managers is at a critically urgent level, participants may pursue an optional external examination for obtaining the PMP certification. PMP holders are in a position to provide the professional skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results. The PMP recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experienced in leading and directing projects.
- Experienced Project Managers
- Professionals who want to gain a practical methodology for managing their projects
- Professionals pursuing the PMP qualification
- Project Management – A historical review
- Introduction to the Standard of PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Projects – Programs – Portfolios
- Linking Project Management to Operations Management and the Organisational Strategy
- Value Creation (Business Value) through the Project Management
- The role, duties and skills required for project managers
- PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge)
- Operational characteristics and their influence on the Management of Works
- Project stakeholders and corporate governance measuring project success
- Project team
- Project lifecycle
- Process Groups Project
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Popular Project Management Software (Introduction – Demo)
- Understand the standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute and the PMBoK – Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strengthen your skills in selecting, initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a project of any size and type
- Link project management to operations management and organisational strategy
- Understand communication, human-resources, quality and risk processes
- Recognise the principles of procurement and contract management
- Learn how to apply business analytic techniques to address business challenges
PMP® Eligibility Requirements for obtaining the Qualification (Optional):
To be eligible for the PMP certification, candidates must meet certain requirements as described below. All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight consecutive years and registered hours must include project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing.
Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent) and minimum five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing projects* and 35 contact hours of formal project management education as delivered by CIIM.
Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) and minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing projects* and 35 contact hours of formal project management education as delivered by CIIM.
* Leading and directing projects as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline.
PMP® Examination Information (Optional):
The PMP examination is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions on a Center-based testing (SBT) and in an allocated time of 4 hours.
Maintaining the PMP® credentials (Optional):
To maintain your PMP, candidates must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years. CIIM is the diamond sponsor of the PMI Cyprus Chapter and on a regular basis PDUs seminars are being offered.
Our subject matter expert will be offering unlimited post-training support to participants, including those pursuing the optional examination for the PMP certification. Upon completion of the training programme, full guidance for the exam application procedure is also provided. In addition, CIIM organises refresher sessions for those who plan to take the exam at a later date and after the training period.
Exam Fee (Optional):
If you would like to pursue the examination for earning the PMP – Project Management Professional qualification, the following additional fee applies:
Exam Fee: US$405.00 for PMI members and US$555.00 for non-members. The exam fee is payable directly to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
To proceed with your registration, please complete the form below. Participation is subject to availability.