According to CySEC Directive, any person wishing to provide Investment Services and employed by Cypriot Investment Firms, Credit Institutions, Management Companies and Investment Companies of Variable Capital, is required to pass the Advanced or Basic CySEC exam.
The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) is an independent public supervisory authority, assigned the responsibility for the overall supervision of the securities market and of the transactions in transferable securities carried out in the Republic of Cyprus. Its aim is to ensure high standards of investor protection, to safeguard the integrity, fairness and transparency of the operation of the securities market and to promote the steady development of the securities sector.
The aim of the examinations is to ensure that candidates can apply an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of the financial services regulatory framework that will assist them in the performance of their duties. Successful candidates will be certified and eligible to perform all the investment services/activities of paragraph 4 of the Directive.
- Existing and prospective executives and supervisors of Banks, Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) as well as UCITS and AIF managers
- Existing and prospective employees of Banks, CIFs as well as UCITS and AIF managers responsible for the provision of investment services
- Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officers and Risk Managers of Banks, Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) as well as UCITS and AIF managers
- Financial and Professional Services Consultants
- Professionals joining the finance and professional services sector
- Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Laws (MiFID II) (2017) Scope / Powers / Offences
- Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Laws (MiFiD II) (2017)
- Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Laws Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) and Banks
- Open-ended Undertakings for Collective Investment (UCI) Laws (2012 to 2016) UCITS
- Alternative Investments AIFs
- The Business of Credit Institutions CI Laws of 1997 to 2016
- The Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Laws (2007 to 2017) AML
- Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (2014) (MiFiR)
- Capital Adequacy requirements CAR
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR)
- Recovery and Resolution laws
- Prospectus law (2012-2016)
- Transparency law
- Insider dealing and Market Manipulation Regulation (2016)
This course is mainly designed for participants who want to re-attempt the CySEC examination, thus is highly practical.
- Pick up of main points usually examined
- How to use the online assessment tool (multiple choice question bank) & exam technique main points.
- Demo chapter test with answers by each participant for discussion
- Chapter Test individually
- Questions and answers
- Mock Exam (2 types of mocks will be attempted)
- Online examination tool
- Report on results by chapter
- Exam Technique
Key Learning Outcomes
The course is primarily focused on covering the updated syllabus of CySEC. The aim of this course is to ensure that candidates gain a comprehensive understanding of the examination content. The course provides thorough preparation for the examination it refers to and it is compulsory for candidates to use it in order to prepare for the CySEC exams so that they have the best chance of success. The course covers the latest version of the Learning Manual in the context of the CySEC certification procedure.
Specific emphasis is given on exam techniques and how to approach each section of the syllabus.
Benefits for you
- Prepare for the CySEC exams in a thorough and practical way
- Invest in your professional development
Attendees should bring their own laptop or tablet or smart phone in order to use the online tool during the course.
To proceed with your registration, please complete the form below. Participation is subject to availability.