Team Development Essentials
Registration Deadline: 24 November 2017
Training Dates: 04 & 07 December 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The programme is designed to enable managers to develop their teams to their fullest potential. The programme will provide managers with the skills and resources to better understand how teams progress over time and how to safeguard their teams from the most costly dysfunctions that lead to demotivated staff, hostility and ultimately poor performance and quality.
- Understand the importance of functional teams and the role of the manager in creating these
- Recognise the stages of team-development and the most appropriate practices and strategies to build high performing teams
- Identify critical factors for strong teams, and how to safeguard against common dysfunctions
- Develop effective team communication skills to foster empathy and trust
- Implement strategies for coping with team challenges effectively
- Nurture a leadership mindset conducive to high-performing teams
- Prerequisite for attendance: Participation to the People Management programme or working knowledge of the fundamental principles of Emotional Intelligence (including the importance of self-awareness, self-regulation, assertive communication, active listening etc).
Topics to be covered
- Setting the context for effective team development and management
- Benefits of effective team building
- Team dynamics and cohesive teams
- Communication to enhance teamwork
- Tuckman’s stages of team development
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Importance of trust in developing a high performing team
- How conflict can assist team performance
- Strategies for coping with team challenges
- Develop and enhance team commitment
- Promoting accountability
- Nurturing goal orientation and a mindset which focuses on results
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mrs. Lefki Angeli
Mrs. Angeli is a former practitioner in sociology and psychology and as such, she has a strong understanding of human behaviour and the motives that drive this.
With a distinctive passion for human improvement and development in all the positions she has held during her 20+ year professional journey, she has actively sought to be involved in, or responsible for the training and development of those around her including colleagues and clients. Therefore, she has extensive experience in the training of business professionals of all levels and across industries and areas of specialty.
Some of her most prominent courses include emotional intelligence in the workplace, effective presentation skills in formal and informal settings, effective people management in the office and effective communication at work - from hearing to reflective listening.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and therefore their emolument will be the net fee, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €488
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €250*
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.