Team Building and Development
A key aspiration for all managers is to create, build and maintain a working environment where employees collaborate in work teams that are high performing and consistently produce good results. To achieve this, managers need to develop the skills of managing and understanding people at individual, group and organizational levels.
This programme draws on contemporary research to explain the factors that contribute to the formation of teams that consistently deliver great results. These include work design, appreciating individual differences, the dynamics of group development and an engaging leadership style.
Date/Time: 26 & 27 April 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 2 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Upon completion of the training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key ingredients of High Performance Work Teams in a variety of organizational and occupational contexts
- Assess their own organization/Business Unit or Departments’ approach to building, managing and leading high performance work teams by auditing their own teams
- Set the groundwork for reviewing the stage of their own work teams’ functioning, to create an action plan for further development
- Deepen understanding of individual differences within the team, and personal reflection on suitability of their own leadership and management style to develop and maintain a team that consistently delivers great results
- Participants’ presentation
- Aims and scope of the programme
- Programme structure/outline
The Importance of Work Team for Organizational Effectiveness
- Identify the key ingredients of High Performance Work Teams
- Contemporary Models of HPWT
- Initial Reflections on own organization/team
Deepen understanding of individual differences within the team
- Self-Assessment of Type using Myers Briggs Type Indicator®, MBTI
- Applying MBTI to group dynamics to deepen awareness of current team functioning/issues
- Group discussion and leadership learning sets to support action planning for own group development. Participants come together as a work group, this section can be used for group reflection and collaborative action planning
Personal reflection on suitability of own leadership and management style to the existing team requirements
- Building on prior work team audit, this session focuses on the individual participant, through enhanced self-awareness of own leadership strengths and areas for development. Draws further on MBTI and team diagnostics to form a personal action plan
- Working in leadership triplets, individuals support reflection and action planning for team development using SMART goals
Closing Plenary with Review of learning, key points. Course evaluation and feedback
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is suitable for managers, executives, supervisors and specialists who lead, manage, supervise or belong to one or more work-groups or teams or manage individuals whose responsibilities include an element of group or team-working, as well as owners, CEOs and other managers from all industry sectors and departments.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Ian Jenner ( Read Full Bio )
Ian Jenner is an experienced professional with over twenty years working with multi-national manufacturing businesses including McBride, Tomkins (RHM) and Ford Motor Company. For the last ten years, Ian held a senior International Learning & Talent Development role throughout Europe and SE Asia. Ian works with executive leaders to identify and develop performance improvement solutions for individuals and multicultural teams. A skilled coach and facilitator with experience of working with professionals at all levels including business partnering to design, manage and deliver a range of Human Resource and Organisation Development projects such as organisation wide Leadership and Personal Development Programmes.
Ian is a qualified coach (Post Graduate Diploma and a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council) and has an MSc. in Human Resource Management. He is also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. As part of his professional training Ian is a NLP Business practitioner and a licensed psychometric practitioner. Ian has over 15 years’ experience of working with leaders and their teams using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® to help raise self-awareness and support learning and development.
In addition to developing Jenner Associates, Ian is an Associate Lecturer for the HRD elements of the MBA programme at Manchester Metropolitan University and a guest facilitator for the Chartered Institute of Business Schools.
Ian is a core Team associate member of Coach Mentoring Ltd and works with individuals and groups, face to face and through webinars. Ian also works with local, national and International Charities: The Mustard Tree, Christian Aid, Mentor Connect (CPAS) for Church Leaders and the RSPB.
Ian’s areas of special interest are coaching and mentoring for personal, leadership, and team development.
Expertise: Human Resource Management, Leadership Development, Team Building, Personal Development, Coaching and Mentoring
Training Experience: Over 20 years of international experience in business training. Ian has worked with multi-national business throughout Europe and SE Asia, some of which include McBride, Tomkins (RHM) and Ford Motor Company.
Programme Fee: €550
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €312*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.