Sustainable Operations Management
Registration Deadline: 14 November 2017
Training Dates: 28 & 30 November 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This practical workshop will assist participants in learning how to lead and advance sustainability within their organisation’s operations.
The programme will focus on integrating a broad range of sustainability drivers that are consistent with an organisation’s culture and business objectives. Therefore, participants will be challenged to think heavily about making choices and balancing elements of sustainability in their overall business context.
- Understand how to integrate business-driven Sustainable Operations across a value chain
- Learn to balance and align varying stakeholder (customers/consumers, suppliers, employees and investors) expectations with business realities (both financial and cultural)
- Utilize life cycle thinking to prioritize sustainability efforts
- Examine the application of various real-world sustainability tools related to carbon footprint analysis, energy efficiency, product sustainability, sustainable buildings, water risks and supplier engagement
- Understand the importance of sustainability data management and validation in developing meaningful metrics and goals
- Learn to communicate Sustainable Operations implications and business benefits in simple, effect and authentic ways, and to present clear business-focused updates to executive management
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Senior Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Line Managers
- HR Managers
Topics to be covered
- Overview of Sustainable Operations and Strategy
- Value Chain Analysis
- Facility Operations
- Sustainable Procurement and Logistics
- Operational Audits and Standards
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Delivering Sustainable Products and Services
- Suppliers Risk Assessment
- Operational high-impact priorities
- Sustainability Performance
- Sustainability Data, Metrics, Validation and Goal Setting
- Sustainability Reporting and Lean Operations
- Role of Competencies
- Protecting Assets for Risk Mitigation
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Thomas Poutas
Mr. Thomas Poutas holds an MSc. in Organizational Sociology and Economy and is an experienced Business Consultant, Trainer and Coach. For a number of years, he has delivered executive seminars in various sectors and countries including Germany, CEEMEA and China.
Mr. Poutas has developed and delivered in-house and public workshops and trainings for more than 3,000 participants (Leaders, Executives and many employees from different cultures in CEEMEA) and training areas have included: Change Management, Business Process Management, Sales Management, Sales Process Management, Time Management, Balance Scorecard, People Leadership, LEAN- KAIZEN, Time Management, Intercultural Communication, Personal Positioning and others.
Furthermore, he has participated as coordinator and project manager in many European funded projects. In Cyprus and Greece he has advised numerous companies in Business Performance Management.
Dr. Christodoulos (Takis) Stylianides
Dr. Stylianides has been with CIIM since 1991 teaching Total Quality Management (TQM), Operations Management and Project Management. He is currently examining the use of the SERVQUAL model in public sector and semi-government organisations.
Dr. Stylianides has worked for over eight years with Hellenic Mining Co. Ltd and Hellenic Chemical Industries Ltd holding various positions including Plant Manager for the Phosphoric Acid Plant and the Fertiliser Bagging Plant.
He was also the Operations Manager of the Robert Perkins Engineering Computer Centre for Advance Technology and has been a consultant to several companies in North Dakota and Minnesota in the area of Quality Management.
Per Participant: €410
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.