Sustainable Operations Management
Registration Deadline: 26 March 2018
Training Dates: 02 & 03 April 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
Leading and advancing sustainability within an organisation’s operations requires a strategic and balanced approach.
Focusing on integrating a broad range of today’s sustainability drivers, in a manner consistent with the organisation’s culture and business objectives, optimises the chances for long term success.
To that end, this program takes a broad high level approach at systematically analysing opportunities to integrate operational sustainability at each step along a complex value chain.
By considering the organisation holistically, the program will discuss analytical concepts and industry tools related to life cycle thinking, cost/benefit analyses, corporate sustainability strategies, and risk assessments.
In addition to technical sustainability considerations the program will help participants to learn to implement practical sustainability initiatives within operating organisations through innovative change management, culture change and other organisational strategies.
Importantly, the programme will challenge participants to think concretely about making choices and balancing the elements of sustainability in an overall business context, and communicate in concise written and oral formats to critical internal and external stakeholders.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to integrate business-driven Sustainable Operations across a Company’s value chain
- Learn to balance and align varying stakeholder (customers/consumers, suppliers, employees and investors) expectations with business realities (both financial and inter personal)
- Utilize life cycle thinking to prioritize sustainability efforts
- Examine the application of various real-world sustainability tools related to value chain analysis, facilities efficiency, product sustainability, and supplier evaluation
- Understand the importance of management data validation in developing meaningful metrics and goals
- Learn to communicate Sustainable Operations implications and business benefits in simple, effect and practical ways, and to present clear business-focused updates to executive management
Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders of all operations related departments.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to Sustainable Operations and Strategy
- Value Chain Analysis
- Facility Operations
- Sustainable Procurement and Logistics
- Operational Audits and Standards
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Delivering Sustainable Products and Services
- Suppliers Risk Assessment
- Operational high-impact priorities
- Data, Metrics, Validation and Goal Setting
- Sustainable Performance and Lean Operations
- Protecting Assets and Risk Mitigation
- Closing Remarks
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Thomas Poutas
Thomas Poutas holds an MSc. in Organizational Sociology and Economy and he is an experienced Business Consultant, Trainer and Coach. For a number of years, Thomas has delivered executive seminars in various sectors and countries including Germany, CEEMEA and China.
Thomas has developed and delivered in-house and public workshops and trainings for more than 3,000 participants (Leaders, Executives and many employees from different cultures in CEEMEA) and training areas have included: Change Management, Business Process Management, Sales Management, Sales Process Management, Time Management, Balance Scorecard, People Leadership, LEAN- KAIZEN, Time Management, Intercultural Communication, Personal Positioning and others.
Furthermore, he has participated as coordinator and project manager in many European funded projects. In Cyprus and Greece he advised numerous companies in Business Performance Management.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and therefore their emolument will be the net fee, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €550
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €312*
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.