Strategic Planning to Fast Track Innovation Based Growth: How to Transform Owner-Managed Small Enterprises into Small Growing Giants
Registration Deadline: 08 March 2018
Training Dates: 15, 21 & 28 March 2018 plus 4 hours private consultation
Training Hours: 15 March at 08:30 - 17:00, 21 & 28 March at 15:00 - 18:45
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
In this fiercely competitive arena micro and small sized enterprises cannot remain comfortable in their niches, for their sustainable business success is under attack. The owner-managers of small companies must embark on the journey to transform their firms into entreprenurial growth stars. This practical training will offer strategic planning toolkit to help entrepreneurially inspired owner-managers – directors to craft an expansionary development plan, building on the growth horizons: boosting their competitiveness in core business activities, exploring new business model and innovation practices and building strategic alliances in the market.
The programme is suitable only for companies which employ up to 49 employees. As part of the learning experience, an additional 4-hour consultation will be scheduled for each participating company, allowing customized practice and guidance on the implementation of the strategic development plans.
The programme is recognized by the HRDA - Human Resource Development Authority in Cyprus as Vital Importance, thus the participation fee is fully subsidized, allowing up to three participants per business entity to attend without any cost.
The programme will use diagnostic toolkits to evaluate the developmental path of the smaller companies, to expound internal and external drivers and barriers to growth, in order to systematically build the platform to explore growth options. This audit will lead to the road map for accelerated growth. Growing the business via strategic management practices and innovation tactics is essential not only to outsmart rivals but also to offer the platform for the next generation of managers to pursue new business models.
More specifically participants will learn:
- How to master the strategic planning process
- How to draw lessons from diagnostic – assessment tools
- How to prepare for challenges across the growth cycle
- How to discover their strategic growth capabilities
- How to promote permanent innovation culture
- How to evaluate growth options (compatible with their managerial profile)
- How to embark on new phases of growth: to boost their competitiveness by extending and defending core activities; to build and strengthen emerging business; and to create viable future options for their next stage of development as an emerging small giant – group of business ventures
- How to pursue profitably innovation based growth strategies
- How to formulate and pursue a strategic business development plan - growth road map
- Key Managers with strategic business growth objectives
Topics to be covered
- The Strategic Planning – Growth Mapping
- Stages of growth - Mastering growth transitions
- Growing the Business
- Ready, Willing and Able to Grow
- The Strategic Growth Planning in Action
- Defining the Key Steps in the Strategic Planning Process
- The Innovation Business Model
- The Strategic Business Growth Planning
Topics to be covered during the private consultation session:
- Facilitate the goal alignment of management team with respect to growth vision, goals, processes, priorities and coach / advice on the growth road map
- Review their strategic business plan and advice on key parameters in order to ensure that they embark on building competitive advantage and pursue growth avenues, via product/service, process, new business model innovation and other corporate / business /operation strategies
- Set up milestones for the business plan implementation
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Dr. Paris Cleanthous
Dr. Cleanthous is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Strategy at CIIM - Cyprus International Institute of Management and is the Director of the MBA and MPSM postgraduate programmes.
Prior to his appointment at CIIM, he was an Assistant Professor of Marketing at New York University’s Stern School of Business and a Lecturer at the University of Cyprus.
He has practical experience in market research, product innovation, new product targeting, positioning and promotion. He also has consultancy experience in governmental and academic forums and has held positions at the International Monetary Fund, KPMG and Korea University.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and thus participate without any cost, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €1,530
HRDA Subsidy: €1,530*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €0*
*Business entities, with less than 49 registered employees, can apply for the full subsidy for up to three participants, who meet the participant profile. Participation includes educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.