Strategic Human Resource Management
Strategic Human Resource Management is concerned with managing the human resources of an organization in a way that aligns with, and can support, the business strategy and the long-term organizational goals. As such, Strategic Human Resource Management views the human resources and the Human Resource Management practices as a critical asset of the organization that can constitute the main source of competitive advantage in the current hyper-competitive business landscape.
Most organizations today realize the vital role that its people play in driving value, and as such Strategic Human Resource Management is characterized by many as one of the most important and influential concepts in the field of management in the last decades.
Despite the fact that organizations currently recognize the role of human resources in creating value for various stakeholders, the effective combination and fit of different HR functions (e.g., recruitment, selection, training, rewarding) and the alignment of the business strategy and long-term organizational needs with the human capital remains a challenging task for managers. Nonetheless, when this horizontal and vertical alignment is effectively achieved, the organization can leverage employees’ knowledge, skills and abilities, can enjoy higher employee motivation and commitment, and can ultimately ensure a greater chance of sustained organizational success.
The Strategic Human Resource Management is also offered as an optional module within the CIIM Executive Development Programme (EDP) - a fast-track management enhancement programme.
Date/Time: 30 June 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 7 training hours
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is highly interactive and practical, so as to give participants the maximum opportunity to use the skills being taught. Appreciating the latest trends of Human Resource practices and functions will assist participants learn how to shift traditional HR practices into strategic business functions and develop their HR strategy.
Furthermore, participants will enhance their abilities to successfully align their teams with their organisation's strategy. Also, the programme will provide the know-how for examining the role of the HR in achieving a competitive advantage and assist participants understand how to make and implement strategic HR management decision.
Introduction to Human Resource Management
- The philosophy, theories, goals and characteristics of HRM
- Different HR practices and functions and analysis of recent trends
- The evolution of HRM
From traditional HRM to Strategic HRM
- The difference between the traditional and the strategic approach to HRM
- High performance work systems (HPWS)
- Managing the change and transition from a traditional HRM to a Strategic HRM approach
Understanding the “strategy” behind Strategic HRM
- Understanding corporate, business and HR strategy
- Achieving alignment between the business and HR strategy
Formulating an effective HR strategy
- Key stakeholders and their needs
- The resource based view
- Analysing and developing resources and capabilities
Achieving competitive advantage through HR
- The role of HR in achieving competitive advantage
- Making and implementing strategic HRM decisions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is designed to assist HR-related professionals who need to learn how to shift traditional HR practices into strategic business functions. The programme is also exceptionally beneficial to managers of all disciplines who need to appreciate the importance of strategic HR management when leading their business, departments and teams.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Alexandros Papalexandris ( Read Full Bio )
Alexandros Papalexandris has more than 15 years consulting experience in the field of strategy and performance management. He also has more than 10 years of experience in training and executive development, for which he has received numerous excellence in teaching awards.
He is an assistant professor at the department of business administration of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB). He holds a BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London and an MBA and PhD from AUEB.
He has worked at Deloitte and Touche Consulting as a senior consultant, and he has performed numerous consulting and research projects for private and public organizations in Greece, Cyprus and abroad.
His research has been published in leading international academic journals (e.g., Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Long Range Planning, International Journal of Human Resource Management) and in international academic conferences (e.g., Academy of Management Conference, Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, European Group of Organization Studies).
Expertise: Defining Strategies, Human Resource Management, Performance Management
Training Experience: Over 10 years of training experience, delivering a number of executive training courses on Strategy, HRM and Performance Measurement and Management.
Programme Fee: €349
HRDA Subsidy: €119*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €230*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.