Strategic Human Resource Management
Registration Deadline: 27 October 2017
Training Dates: 24 November 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The programme will provide participants with the ability to manage their human resources in a way that aligns with, and can support, their business strategy and long-term organizational goals.
In addition, participants will recognize the role of human-resources in creating value for various stake-holders, the effective combination and suitability of different HR functions (e.g., recruitment, selection, training, rewarding), and how to power their employees’ knowledge, skills and abilities for higher employee motivation and commitment, in order to ensure a greater chance of sustained organizational success.
- Appreciate the role of HR Management in achieving competitive advantage for the organisation
- Distinguish and contrast Strategic Human Resource Management in the more traditional approaches
- Design and align HR strategies and policies to support the implementation of the business strategy
- Interpret and analyse the internal and external environment of organisations and evaluate its role in formulating an effective HR strategy
- HR Managers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Operation Managers
- Senior Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Line Managers
Topics to be covered
- Overview of the HR function
- Goals and Activities of Human Resource Management
- Important factors in job analysis
- The strategic HR planning process
- Employee recruitment
- Employee selection
- Performance appraisal
- Training and Development
- Reward Management
- Concepts of strategy
- Cost leadership vs. differentiation
- Strategic fit
- Linking resources and capabilities
- Formulating an HR strategy
- Linking business and HR strategy
- High performance work systems
- Talent Management
- Linking HR Management and Performance
- Strategy Evaluation
- Managing the change to a Strategic Human Resource Management approach
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Dr. Alexandros Papalexandris
Dr. Papalexandris is an assistant professor at the department of business administration of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB).
He has more than 15 years of consulting experience in the field of strategy and performance management. He also has more than 10 years of experience in training and executive development, for which he has received numerous excellence teaching awards.
In addition, he has performed numerous consulting and research projects for private and public organizations in Greece, Cyprus and abroad.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.