SHRM CP/SCP - Society for Human Resource Management Certified & Senior Certified Professionals Preparation
Registration Deadline: 19 October 2017
Training Dates: 21, 22 & 23 November 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Limassol ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The SHRM certifications offer the opportunity to attain in-depth know-how of Human Resource concepts and requirements, as well as demonstrate essential behavioural skills and competencies required to effectively apply the knowledge in the modern workplace in support of organizational strategic goals.
The exclusive objective of this programme is to support participants in being prepared effectively to undertake the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certifications which are considered to be clear indications of a high-level of knowledge, skill and expertise in the field. The SHRM certifications are recognized worldwide.
- Leadership/Navigation - the ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within an organisation
- Ethical Practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organisational and business practices
- Business Acumen - the ability to understand and apply information with which to contribute to an organisation’s strategic plan
- Relationship Management - the ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support an organisation as well as to provide guidance to organisational stakeholders
- Critical Evaluation - the ability to interpret information with which to make business decisions and recommendations
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness - the ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties
- Communication - the ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with stakeholders
- Consultation - The ability to provide guidance on planning and structuring the workforce, based on current and future needs of an organisation and key stakeholders
- HR Professionals who would like to obtain a globally-recognised professional HR certification
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to the SHRM designation
- HR competencies
- Business & HR Strategy
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of HR function
- Workforce management
- Employee Relations
- Technology in HR
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Eligibility Chart
|Credential||Less than a Bachelor's Degree||Bachelor's Degree||Graduate Degree|
|HR-Related Program||Non-HR Program||HR-Related Program||Non-HR Program||HR-Related Program||Non-HR Program|
|SHRM-CP**||3 years in an HR role||4 years in an HR role||1 year in an HR role||2 years in an HR role||Currently in an HR role||1 year in an HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in an HR role||7 years in an HR role||4 years in an HR role||5 years in an HR role||3 years in an HR role||4 years in an HR role|
*Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, some college, qualifying HR certificate program, high school diploma, or GED.
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- HR-related experience relates to work in any of the 15 functional areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise, identified in the SHRM BoCK.
- Applicants are not required to hold an HR title. The critical factor in determining eligibility is your HR-related work as opposed to your job-title.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they devoted at least 1,000 hours to HR-related activities in any calendar year to qualify as having a year of HR-related experience. More than 1,000 hours in a calendar year does not equate to more than 1 year of experience.
- Part-time work qualifies as long as the 1,000-hour standard is met within a calendar year.
- Individuals who have mixed roles—for example, office managers who have both administrative and HR responsibilities—may also have qualifying experience, as long as HR-related duties total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Supervising employees in and of itself is not considered qualifying HR-related experience.
- Experience may be either exempt or non-exempt.
- SHRM membership is not required.
For further information about the eligibility chart and what degrees qualify as HR-related please click here.
SHRM Examination Information
For a comprehensive description about the SHRM examination, please click here.
The examination fee for SHRM Members is 300 USD, and 400 USD for non-SHRM Members. The fees are paid directly to SHRM, and include a 50 USD non-refundable application processing fee or a 75 USD non-refundable application processing fee for late registrations.
The regular application deadline for the exam is 20 October 2017 and the late application deadline is 10 November 2017. Examinations will be held at a Prometric Test Centre in Nicosia during the period of 01/12/2017 – 15/02/2018. The specific exam dates will be published in due course.
To register for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examination, you must complete the respective application form at the SHRM website.
SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SCP
Participants who take the SHRM-CP/SCP exam are required to purchase a licence on the SHRM Learning System. The licence fee is $985.00 (excluding shipping costs), yet participants who join the CIIM SHRM preparation course remit a discounted rate of €500.00 (including shipping costs).
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. John Fillingham
Mr. Fillingham is a global HR training expert, having over 25 years of dynamic and comprehecing experience. He is currently a Senior HR Manager in a company with over 300,000 employees which allows him to bring great insight to the HR programmes he has been running for HR directors and HR Managers in the last 12 years.
Educated in the UK, with a Master’s Degree in Strategic and International HRM, he has spent most of his career, delivering and implementing successful HR solutions on the global stage to various small, medium and blue-chip organisations. With a proven track-record of increasing staff satisfaction by double digits everywhere he goes, he understands the essence of motivation and integration of mind-sets into performance and great business results.
In addition, Mr. Fillingham is qualified in Business Performance Coaching, Life Coaching, Practical Learning and Development and can also administer psychometric personality and motivation profiling tools such as MBTI & SDI.
Per Participant: €890
For CIIM Students: €500
For CIIM Alumni: €667.50
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, SHRM Learning System, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.