Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Professional Certification Programmes
Increasingly, the business world understands that effective people management is a strategic imperative, without which organisations cannot function effectively and thus unable to expand and sustain their business.
As a result, employers expect that Human Resource professionals will be able to demonstrate in-depth and thorough knowledge of Human Resource concepts and requirements, as well as possess the essential behavioural skills and competencies required to effectively apply that knowledge in the modern workplace in support of organizational strategic goals.
The SHRM programme offers the opportunity to attain in-depth know-how as well as recognized certifications in the HR field. The SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) are clear indications of a high level of knowledge, skill and expertise in the field that are recognized worldwide.
The certifications test HR competencies as well as knowledge, and their application, to ensure the professional’s ability to demonstrate what they know, and what they can do with their knowledge in the variety of situations they encounter.
CIIM is proud to be recognised by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications.
Registration Closing Date: 21 April 2017
Training Date/Time: 16, 17 & 18 May 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 21 training hours over 3 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Through a practical approach participants will learn and understand essential Human Resource concepts and practices and develop the key skills required to be effective in their everyday profession. Participants will learn and develop the following:
- Leadership/Navigation - the ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization
- Ethical Practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices
- Business Acumen - the ability to understand and apply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan
- Relationship Management - the ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization - the ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders
- Critical Evaluation - the ability to interpret information with which to make business decisions and recommendations
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness - the ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties
- Communication - the ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with stakeholders
- Consultation – The ability to provide guidance on planning and structuring the workforce, based on current and future needs of the organization and key stakeholders
- Introduction to the SHRM designation
- HR competencies
- Business & HR Strategy
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of HR function
- Workforce management
- Employee Relations
- Technology in HR
- Summary & Final exam
For the full outline, please visit the SHRM website.
To be eligible for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examination, applicants must meet specific educational and work experience criteria. The criteria can be found at the SHRM website.
Determining whether to pursue the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential is an important decision involving multiple factors worthy of consideration. While education and years of experience are the criteria that determine eligibility, it is equally important to consider the nature of your HR role and responsibilities.
SHRM-SCP certification is designed for HR professionals at a senior level who operate primarily in a strategic role—developing policies and strategies, overseeing the execution of HR operations, analyzing performance metrics, and/or contributing to the alignment of HR strategies to organizational goals.
SHRM-CP certification is designed for HR practitioners who are engaged primarily in an operational role— implementing policies, serving as the HR point of contact for staff and stakeholders, and/or performing day-to-day HR functions. If this is your focus, the SHRM-CP is likely your best option, even if you meet the eligibility criteria for the SHRM-SCP.
Format of Exams
The 3 hour and 40 minutes SHRM-CP examination, comprises of 160 questions that include 90 questions in knowledge areas, 40 questions in situational judgment and 30 field test items. Similar exam duration as the SHRM-CP, the SHRM-SCP examination comprises of 180 questions broken down into 90 questions in knowledge areas, 60 questions in situational judgement and 30 field test items.
Exam Registration, Dates and Fees
Examinations will be held at a Prometric Test Centre in Nicosia during the following dates/time:
- June 20 or 22 or 24 at 09:30 - 14:00
- or July 4 or 6 or 11 or 13 at 09:30 - 14:00
Candidates may select one of the aforementioned available dates to pursue their examination sitting. Prometric Test Centres host a variety of exams with a maximum seat limit of 12, therefore we recommend your earliest application to the exam so as to reserve your seat on your preferred date.
Applications will be accepted directly at the SHRM’s website from 03 January 2017 until 24 March 2017. Late registrations will be also accepted until 14 April 2017.
To register to the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examination, you must complete the application form at the SHRM website. The examination fee for SHRM Members is 300USD, and 400USD for non-SHRM Members. The fees are paid directly to the SHRM, and include a 50USD nonrefundable application processing fee, or a 75USD nonrefundable late application processing fee.
All certifications are valid for three years. Recertification is required every three years through demonstrated professional development (preferred method) or retaking the exam.
- The recertification period begins the date that a candidate takes and passes the exam, and ends on the last day of a credential holder’s birth month, at least 3 years from the date the candidate becomes certified. During the first recertification period, some credential holders may have a slightly longer period.
- Recertification requires 60 professional development credits (PDC).
- For the full recertification details, please visit the SHRM website.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This SHRM certification programmes are addressed to:
- Human Resource professionals wanting to develop their knowledge and skills, and attain a world-class professional certification
- Human Resource professionals, including senior professionals, wanting to have a thorough understanding of matters related to HR concepts and processes as well as the skills that are essential for the effective management of their departments, units and organisations.
- Senior HR professionals wanting to bring best practices to their organisations and gain the most up to date knowledge on HR issues
- Business owners and Managers who are responsible for the HR function
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Brad Boyson ( Read Full Bio )
Prior to becoming Executive Director for SHRM MEA Dubai in 2012, Brad Boyson spent 15 years holding senior HR roles in globally diverse organizations including Mitsubishi Corporation (Tokyo), Royal Caribbean International (Miami) and most recently, Hamptons/Emaar (Dubai).
A globalist by nature, Mr. Boyson has practiced embedded HR on every inhabited continent and has first-hand HR experience in almost every major industrial sector.
He holds three business degrees, six active professional HR certifications, is a published author (Global HR Economics), frequent international keynote speaker and board member on UAE government & UAE university HR advisory committees.
His personal mission statement is the development of HR into one single, real profession - globally. Accordingly his passion sits at the intersection between developing HR leaders while advancing the professional practices of HR - globally.
Even prior to becoming an executive director for the world's largest HR association (i.e. SHRM) he was instrumental in numerous international HR projects including: test question developer for HRCI's GPHR certification, delegate to China for SHRM, founder of the SHRM UAE Forum and committee member and author of ANSI/ISO HR standards (TC260).
Since joining SHRM he participated in development of the SHRM body of competency & knowledge (BoCK) for the new SHRM-S/CP certification followed by authoring several sections within the SHRM S/CP Learning System. You can watch him online every week as the co-host of #HRMEChat, the Middle East's only live, bilingual (English and Arabic) social media program dedicated to HR in MENA.
Expertise: International Culture and Change Management, Strategic Decision Making, International Employment Law, Total Compensation and Rewards, Risk Management, Human Resource Development
Training Experience: Over 6 years of international experience in delivering the SHRM Professional Development courses around the globe.
Programme Fee: €1,190
HRDA Subsidy: €357*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €833*
SHRM Learning System: €500**
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
** The SHRM Learning System is a mandatory purchase for those wishing to participate to the programme and undertake the SHRM examination.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, the SHRM learning system & educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.