SAS Business Analytics: Applications in Marketing, Risk Management & Operations
Registration Deadline: 19 April 2018
Training Dates: 26 & 27 April 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This course aims to present the “hot” area of business analytics and how it can help organizations become more efficient and more effective in their decisions making processes. The course is very practical since it demonstrates business analytics applications in the three most important functions of modern organizations i.e. marketing, risk management and operations. During the two days you will have the opportunity to see how critical techniques i.e. customer segmentation, market basket analysis, credit scoring, sales analysis through data visualization and demand forecasting can be applied in practice. The course will be taught by using case studies from the above mentioned areas and one of the greatest benefits is that the state of the art SAS software will be used for demonstrating how data can be exploited so as to provide valuable insights for making decisions.
Please note that this is not a laboratory based course i.e. participants won’t have hands on practice with SAS software during the two days. However they will be granted access to the SAS tools and the data sets demonstrated during the course through cloud facilities so that they will be able to repeat the case studies at their own pace after the end of the seminar.
- Understand the concepts of business analytics and data driven decision making for marketing, risk management and operations.
- Deliver the right message by segmenting customers more effectively and better understanding target populations.
- Make informed “next best offer” related decisions.
- Reduce campaign costs by targeting customers most likely to respond.
- Manage credit risk by adopting analytics based systems for evaluating the creditworthiness of potential borrowers.
- Forecast demand and perform the so called demand shaping by using techniques such as promotional modelling and price elasticity - optimization.
- Understand that there is no art in demand forecasting rather the art lies in analytics and domain knowledge.
- Appreciate the use of state of the art business analytics software solutions by SAS i.e. Enterprise Miner, Forecast Server and Visual Analytics.
- Any business professional that wants to understand the value of Data Driven Decision Making and to see how Business Analytics can be applied in practice throughout the organization.
- Experienced data scientists and data analysts that want to see how data can be exploited through SAS tools and solutions.
- Project Managers to be involved in business analytics projects.
- Consultants that need to advise customers on adopting data driven practices.
Topics to be covered
Introduction (1 hour)
- Introduction to Data Driven Decision Making with Emphasis in Business Analytics.
Marketing Section (3 hours)
- Introduction to Marketing Analytics.
- Introduction to Customer Segmentation.
- RFM (Recency Frequency Monetary) Segmentation.
- Overview of SAS Enterprise Miner.
- RFM Segmentation Case Study from the On - Line Retail Sector.
- Market Basket Analysis with Applications in the Retail and Banking Sector.
Business Intelligence for the Sales Department (1 hour)**
- Sales Analysis through Data Visualization and SAS Visual Analytics.
Wrap – Up & Conclusions (0.5 hours)
** Depending on the amount of time devoted to answering questions and relevant discussion, the Business Intelligence for the Sales Department section might be taught during the second day of the seminar.
Credit Risk Section (1.5 hours)
- Introduction to Credit Scoring.
- Credit Scoring Case Study from the Retail Banking Sector.
- Model Development Using SAS Enterprise Miner and Predictive Analytics (Decision Trees).
- Model Deployment to New Credit Applicants.
Operations Section (3 hours)
- Introduction to Demand Forecasting.
- Fundamental Issues related to Demand Forecasting.
- Characteristics of a Successful Demand Forecasting System.
- Introduction to Quantitative Forecasting.
- SAS Forecast Server Presentation.
- Case Study from the Manufacturing & Retail Sector and Demo of SAS Forecast Server.
Wrap – Up & Conclusions (0.5 hours)
Instructions about how to Access SAS Software (0.5 hours)
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market, globally acknowledged by almost all of the major analyst firms such as Gartner, IDC and Forrester Group. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 65,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW® (www.sas.com/Greece).
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Andreas Zaras
Andreas Zaras holds a first degree (ptychion) in Operational Research & Marketing (specialization in Management Science/ Operational Research) from the Athens University of Economics & Business and an MSc in Management Science & Operational Research from Warwick Business School, UK. He also holds an MSc in Finance (specialization in Econometrics) from ALBA Graduate Business School, for which he received a full scholarship. Andreas is cooperating with SAS Institute since 2003 where he is involved in the consulting and pre - sales activities of the office. He is also heavily occupied with the academic initiatives and very often acts as a trainer in SAS Programming, Statistics, Operational Research, Forecasting and Data Mining courses. He has also participated as a consultant in a number of projects related to data driven decision making in sub areas such as data integration, data quality, business intelligence and business analytics. Andreas has also taught postgraduate courses in Marketing Analytics, Data Mining, Forecasting, Statistics and Decision Making at ALBA Graduate Business School, Athens University of Economics and Business, University of Athens, University of Patras and University of Central Lancashire. His research work in operational research, econometrics and business intelligence, has appeared in the proceedings of National Conferences of the Hellenic OR Society. Finally Andreas is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and the Hellenic Operational Research Society and he is a certified SAS Programmer.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.