Effective Sales Techniques
In business today it is vital that sales and business development professionals at all levels be able to effectively sell their products and services in, what has become, an extremely competitive environment. Ultimately this will lead to increased efficiency, higher productivity and thus revenue increase to their organisations. The business arena has become highly fast pace, technology and other factors constantly changing and thus professionals need to be up to date on both know-how and skills.
Success requires a special set of sales skills and techniques that will enable sales professionals to sell effectively, gain trust and build relationships that will enable long term relationships to be formed; these will prove the vital ingredient for sustaining business over time.
The Effective Sales Techniques programme is also offered as an optional module within the CIIM Executive Development Programme (EDP) - a fast-track management enhancement programme.
Date/Time: 30 May & 01 June 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 2 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is highly interactive and practical, and will allow participants to effectively increase their selling abilities by considering realistic techniques to prepare, create, deliver and follow up on opportunities.
Participants will also learn how to deal with challenging audiences, what is needed to gain customer commitment and loyalty as well as develop the essential awareness of body language, gestures, eye contact and vocal techniques.
- What is selling?
- Selling products, ideas and perceptions
- Sales skills and competencies
- When to use sales skills
- Workshop and discussion
- Preparation and research
- Understanding the needs of organizations
- Developing and proposing your solutions to address needs
- Getting commitment to your proposals
Steps in preparing the sales pitch
- Who do you need to talk to?
- Decision makers, influencers, others
- What do you need to find out about them?
- What information do you need from them?
- Their objectives, current priorities, etc.
- How to prepare and research
- Exercise and discussion – preparation and research for your current sales situation
Understanding the needs of your audience
- Questioning the needs
- Establishing the current situation
- Uncovering the needs
- Finding out more with probing questions
- Replaying the needs for confirmation
How to make an effective sales presentation
- The key elements to consider
Delivering the sales pitch
- Overcome your fear of speaking: The importance of remembering your strengths and positive thinking
- Body language: Understanding the relationship between facial expressions, walking patterns, gestures and eye contact when presenting
- Practicing a whole range of techniques: Hints and tips for effective sales presenting
- Exercise: Delivering the sales pitch
Closing the Sale
- How to identify and overcome objections and difficult audience behaviour
- Handling questions
- How to negotiate
- How to close the sales pitch and achieve the result you need
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is suitable for managers and executives who are involved in the development of business and sales within their organisation, including, Business Development Managers, Marketing and Sales Managers. It is also ideal for non-sales related professionals who wish to increase their selling abilities.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Thomas Poutas ( Read Full Bio )
Thomas Poutas holds an MSc. in Organizational Sociology and Economy and he is an experienced Business Consultant, Trainer and Coach. For a number of years, Thomas has delivered executive seminars in various sectors and countries including Germany, CEEMEA and China.
Thomas has developed and delivered in-house and public workshops and trainings for more than 3,000 participants (Leaders, Executives and many employees from different cultures in CEEMEA) and training areas have included: Change Management, Business Process Management, Sales Management, Sales Process Management, Time Management, Balance Scorecard, People Leadership, LEAN- KAIZEN, Time Management, Intercultural Communication, Personal Positioning and others.
Furthermore, he has participated as co-ordinator and project manager in many European funded projects. In Cyprus and Greece he advised numerous companies in Business Performance Management.
Expertise: Sales Management, Sales Process Management, Change Management, Business Process Management, Team Leadership, Time Management
Training Experience: Over 14 years of international experience in business training. In Cyprus, he has recently trained professionals from organisations including MTN, Nest Investments (Holdings), Geo Pavlides & Araouzos Ltd, Höganäs Bjuf Middle East Ltd, USB Bank PLC, Symeonides Fashion House and George Z Georgiou & Associates LLC.
Programme Fee: €480
HRDA Subsidy: €168*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €312*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.