Project Management Essentials
As projects are an integral part of business life and often have significant impact on business success and failure, it is imperative that executives have a good understanding of how projects are identified, prioritised and managed in order to produce business benefits.
Through a real-life case scenario, participants will become exposed to selection and initiation of projects as well as the roles and responsibilities of the project manager and business stakeholders. Special emphasis will be placed on stakeholder management, as this is one of the most critical tasks of the project manager.
Participants will also be deeply exposed to the project lifecycle; planning, project execution (controlling resources, managing risks) and closing the project.
The Project Management Essentials programme is also offered as an optional module within the CIIM Executive Development Programme (EDP) - a fast-track management enhancement programme.
Date/Time: 25 April 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 7 training hours
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is your opportunity to effectively understand the essentials for managing projects and the critical success factors for delivering benefits through projects. You will become exposed to organisational structures that foster project-based management, enabling you to plan, execute and control your projects.
Introduction to Project Management
Project Management Framework
- A quick review of the Project Management Framework
- How the project management standards work
- Project Selection Methods
- The importance of the Project Charter
- Establishing the performance baseline of the project
- Identifying project requirements
- Define the Project Scope
- The Scope Baseline elements
- Establishing the Schedule baseline
- Estimating Activity Resources and activity durations
- Develop a realistic schedule
- Establishing the Cost baseline
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing People and Teams
Project Monitoring and Controlling
- Identifying variances
- Understanding and presenting project performance
- Project Forecasting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is designed for executives and managers who want to attain practical, yet simple methodologies to improve the efficiency of projects in their organisation.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Andreas Solomou ( Read Full Bio )
Andreas Solomou has substantial experience in managerial positions. He has managed numerous projects in the fields of product development and education. Since 2006 he has been training professionals in various fields including project management.
He holds a master’s degree in business administration (MBA), and he is a certified project manager (PMP) by PMI (Project Management Institute), as well as a certified trainer of Microsoft (MCT). He also has an MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) certification for managing projects using information systems. He regularly delivers training to ECDL’s professional trainers regarding Project Planning.
Expertise: Project Management, Project Planning, Certified PMP holder, Certified Microsoft Trainer
Training Experience: Over 10 years of experience in business training. In Cyprus, he has recently trained professionals from organisations including JCC Payment Systems Ltd, Argosy Trading Company Ltd, Lanitis Bros Ltd, TSYS, Hermes Airports, Geo. Pavlides & Araouzos Ltd, Baker Tilly Cyprus, Larnaca Sewrage & Drainage Board and the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA) Cyprus.
Programme Fee: €280
HRDA Subsidy: €84*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €196*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.