PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Programme
The main effort of individuals and organizations in today's competitive environment is to achieve optimal efficiency, high flexibility, increased productivity and to foster innovation, in order to secure a competitive advantage.
Project Management represents a strategic competence for organisations, and project management skills are considered a threshold capability. Knowledge of project management standards is essential to acquire these skills.
Project Management Institute's (PMI) standard is the most renowned methodology worldwide and offers a well-structured project management approach which comprises of those processes, tools and techniques that significantly increase the projects’ success probabilities.
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Institute is the world's leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program and portfolio management profession.
Founded in 1969, PMI delivers value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research.
PMI advances careers, improves organizational success and further matures the profession of project management through its globally recognized standards, certifications, resources, tools, academic research, publications, professional development courses, and networking opportunities.
Learn more about the PMI at www.pmi.org
Whilst building your project management skills based on the PMI's standards, you will simultaneously be prepared to undertake the Project Management Professional (PMP) examinations.
Date/Time: 27, 30 March & 03, 06, 24 April 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 35 training hours over 5 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training programme will provide you the knowledge necessary to manage projects, regardless their size, application area and business sector. This knowledge includes the tools and techniques to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close the project.
You will also have to opportunity to undertake the 35 mandatory training hours required for the PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP) examination. The PMP credential is the most important, industry-recognized certification for project managers and the course content is based on the PMI’s most recent edition of the PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Guide, which is the 5th edition.
Upon completion of the training course, you will be in position to use the PMI's methodology in order to understand your project selection processes and initiation. You will be able to effectively plan projects, monitor and control their progress.
Combine communication, human resource, quality and risk processes whilst managing your projects and understand the principles of procurement and contract management. Gain the skills to effectively accept and successfully deliver well-performing projects.
Project Management – A historical review
- Introduction to the Standard of PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Critical Definitions - Projects and Project Management
- Basic Concepts of Project Management
Projects - Programs - Portfolios
- Linking Project Management to Operations Management and the Organisational Strategy
- Value Creation (Business Value) through the Project Management
- The role, duties and skills required for project managers
- Basic Skills (Threshold Abilities) and Leadership
- PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge)
Operational characteristics and their influence on the Management of Works
- Organisational Structure
- Corporate Culture & corporate style
- Organisational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
Project Stakeholders and Corporate Governance
- Measuring Project Success
- Project Team
- Project Phases
- Project Management Life cycle
Process Groups Project
- Initiating Processes Group
- Planning Processes Group
- Project Execution Processes Group
- Monitoring & Controlling Processes Group
- Closing Processes Group
Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Tools and Techniques of each process
Popular Project Management software
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training programme is designed for managers and executive management personnel from all business sectors, including Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Administrators.
Participants that wish to pursue the PMP qualification, must successfully pass an examination and must meet certain entry requirements.
To apply for the exam, participants need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects as identified with the tasks knowledge and skills specified in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline. Also, 35 hours of project management education are mandatory.
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects as identified with the tasks knowledge and skills specified in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline. Also, 35 hours of project management education are mandatory.
A PMP credential holder will need to maintain the PMP Certification. To learn more about the examination criteria and how to maintain the PMP credentials, please visit www.pmi.org
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Andreas Solomou ( Read Full Bio )
Andreas Solomou has substantial experience in managerial positions. He has managed numerous projects in the fields of product development and education. Since 2006 he has been training professionals in various fields including project management.
He holds a master’s degree in business administration (MBA), and he is a certified project manager (PMP) by PMI (Project Management Institute), as well as a certified trainer of Microsoft (MCT). He also has an MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) certification for managing projects using information systems. He regularly delivers training to ECDL’s professional trainers regarding Project Planning.
Expertise: Project Management, Project Planning, Certified PMP holder, Certified Microsoft Trainer
Training Experience: Over 10 years of experience in business training. In Cyprus, he has recently trained professionals from organisations including JCC Payment Systems Ltd, Argosy Trading Company Ltd, Lanitis Bros Ltd, TSYS, Hermes Airports, Geo. Pavlides & Araouzos Ltd, Baker Tilly Cyprus, Larnaca Sewrage & Drainage Board and the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA) Cyprus.
Programme Fee: €1,195
HRDA Subsidy: €595*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €600*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.