HR Performance Management in the Shipping Industry
Companies operating in the shipping industry will need to ensure that their operations are very efficient and their costs are minimal. Simultaneously, safety and friendliness to the environment are essential.As a result, balancing between cost and quality presents a significant challenge.
In addition, industry regulatory bodies and clients impose certain key performance indicators as a means of aligning performance standards with partners. Nevertheless, managing operational performance in isolation cannot produce the desirable outcomes since performance management involves the whole organization. As a result, a holistic view of performance is critical for the success of these companies.
Date/Time: 23, 24, 30 & 31 May 2017, 14:00 - 18:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 4 days
Location: CIIM Limassol ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is will help participants acquire the know-how to measure and manage through key performance indicators. Specifically, participants will learn how to identify the critical success factors for their company and how to measure KPIs for enhancing productivity.
In addition, they will learn how to develop corporate, departmental and team scorecards as well as to understand how employees respond to KPIs. Furthermore, participants will be in position to align KPIs with the appraisal and reward process of their firms and learn how to automate data capturing and data presentation to enhance productivity.
- Why performance management in shipping
- How KPIs are currently used
- Why it is important to take a holistic perspective to performance management
A framework for managing performance
- What is the balanced scorecard system
- Why this system is suitable
- The process of developing a conceptual KPI model
What strategic priorities should drive the performance management system?
- Identifying critical success factors for the company
- Developing a set of balanced objectives and causal links
- Exercise: Identify critical success factors for the business and develop a strategy map
Identifying KPIs and developing a scorecard
- KPI selection criteria
- A case study
- Exercise: Developing a performance scorecard
Developing KPIs at Departmental Level
- Types of KPIs - Examples
- Cascading the corporate KPIs to the crewing department
- Exercise: Develop KPIs for a department
Linking KPIs to staff appraisals and rewards
- How to integrate KPIs to the appraisals
- Improving the staff evaluation system
- Incorporating special projects and tasks
- Developing an effective reward system
- Exercise: Design a job appraisal
- Measurement, reporting and support systems
- Linking KPIs to an action plan
- Developing the right behaviors
- Exercise: Updating the performance management system
Implementing a performance management system
- Choosing the right organization unit
- Work Plan – time scales
- Critical factors for successful implementation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is suitable for managers and supervisors who use KPIs to manage their business, departments, teams, and/or who need to be involved in the measurement and support of a performance management system.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Programme Fee: €550
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €312*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks and refreshments.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.