Marketing Strategy & Customer Service Excellence
Registration Deadline: 09 November 2017
Training Dates: 07, 08, 13 & 15 December 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Limassol ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This practical workshop will introduce models to demonstrate how consumers approach the marketplace and how they each go through the buying decision process differently. Methodologies for segmentation, positioning and branding will also be analysed using examples of best marketing practices. Participants will attain a solid understanding of the intricacies of customer behaviour paves the way for optimum marketing practices and the marketing know-how to achieve success.
In addition, the programme will support participants with essentials knowledge and tools for developing an effective strategy, by examining how their organisation can profitably create and sustain long lasting customer value. Participants will also examine their competitors in order to better plan their strategy for the future.
- Examine the role and importance of contemporary marketing
- Analyse evidence of marketing as a tool for corporate success
- Understand customers, their behaviour and preferences
- Examine customer delight as the cornerstone of marketing
- Appreciate customer management techniques and the practices for successful relationship development
- Examine the optimal management of customer service and service quality
- Apply the VALS methodology for segmentation and perceptual mapping
- Explore the branding principles and consumer involvement
- Appreciate the principles of customer experience
- Develop emotional intelligence and learn how it contributes to sales and customer service excellence
- Understand and manage moments of truth and critical incidents in services
- Learn why services fail and attain tips to recover failed support services
- Use tools used for strategic analysis
- Understand the strategy development process
- Become exposed to a strategy toolbox
- Understand the process of strategic planning
- Practice tools to create insight into the industry, markets, the company and the competition
- Learn how to synthesize insights to come up with strategic options
- Understand how to successfully implement the company’s strategy
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service professionals
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Operation Managers
- Senior Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Line Managers
- HR Managers
Topics to be covered
- Principles of Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Contemporary marketing revisited: its role and importance in the current economic landscape
- Business practice evidence on the significance of understanding customers’ needs for corporate success and long-term profitability
- Customers: the essence of business practice and the focus of all marketing activities
- Understanding the preferences and behaviour of customers: imposing logic upon the perceived irrationality of the decision maker
- Creating and sustaining competitive advantages in an increasingly competitive marketplace: the power of customer delight
- Strategies for developing and managing customer relationships
- The achievement of service excellence
- Customer service and service quality: optimal management for customer delight
- Moments of truth, critical incidents, service failure, and service recovery: can they too lead to customer delight?
- Positioning, branding, and communicating for service excellence: analysis and evaluation of successful contemporary examples
- The importance of creating an exceptional customer service experience and customer delight in your business
- The usefulness of customer complaints to improving operations and customer service
- Dealing with complaints and "difficult" customers: an opportunity to improve operations
- Handling different types of customers in different ways
- Using emotional intelligence skills to improve customer service and sales
- Overview of Strategy
- How firms gain competitive advantage
- The strategy planning process
- Industry Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- Industry Structure and the 5-Forces Model
- Sources of Competitive Advantage and Identification of Trends in your Industry
- Market Analysis
- Market Segmentation
- Segment Profiling and Prioritisation
- Identifying Market Priorities
- Company Analysis
- Porter’s Generic Strategies
- Core Competencies
- Profiling Competitors
- Competitor Mapping
- Competitor Positioning
- International Competitiveness
- Foreign Market Entry Strategies
- Market Selection
- Choosing the right entry mode
- Strategic Options Selection
- Strategy Execution and Monitoring
- Developing the implementation plan
- Managing execution of the implementation plan through Key Performance Indicators
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Dr. Yannis Pollalis
Dr. Pollalis, is a professor of Strategic Management & Policy in the Department of Economic Science at the University of Piraeus in Greece since 1999, and since 2004 is the founder and Director of the Graduate Program in Economic & Business Strategy.
He has consulted, researched and published numerous articles on strategic marketing, management of information systems, strategy formulation, e-business development, leadership, emotional intelligence and leadership.
In the Greek private sector, he has chaired numerous committees for the development of information systems and has been a special technical consultant in many public sector projects (e-procurement for public services, e-NAYTILIA, Police on-line, etc.), especially in the areas of strategic business planning, reengineering, and procurement planning (Ministry of Commercial Shipping & Maritime Affairs, Hellenic Defense Systems, Ministry of National Development, Hellenic Post , Greek Exports Organization, National Bank of Greece, OTE, etc.).
In addition, he has served as a Keynote & Motivational Speaker and a consultant in issues of Leadership, Human Resources Development, Motivation for Employees, Coaching & Teamwork workshops (Train-the-Trainer), Marketing Planning, Strategic Planning, Performance Management & Measurement Systems (Dixons’ South Europe Group, IASO General Hospital, Hellenic Private Hospitals Organization, L’Oreal Hellas, Altec Telecoms, National Bank of Greece, Oriflame SA, Psimitis SA, Hermes Group-Cyprus, AMGEN Hellas, Yellow-Pages, Interamerican Insurance Group, ING Group, MDRT, LIMRA, GAMA Hellas, etc).
He has published 15 books in the areas of management, strategic planning, information management, e-business, marketing management, organizational behavior and business corporate strategy. His research has been funded by the Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, NATO’s Science & Research Program and the European Network for SMEs Research. He is in the editorial board for The International Journal for Information Management (IJIM), The Journal of Marketing & Operations Management Research and has served as Associate Editor for the Journal of Applied Systems Studies (JASS) and Editor for the International Journal of Economics & Business (SPOUDAI). He has served as a faculty member for iSchool during 1993-1998 and since 2002 he has been a visiting professor for the Summer Leadership Institute at Syracuse University, New York.
Dr. Paris Cleanthous
Dr. Cleanthous is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Strategy at the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM). He is also the Director of the MBA and MPSM programmes at CIIM.
Prior to his appointment at CIIM, he was an Assistant Professor of Marketing at New York University’s Stern School of Business and a Lecturer at the University of Cyprus. He has also held positions at the International Monetary Fund, KPMG and Korea University.
Dr. Cleanthous received his Bachelor of Science in Economics and Mathematics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He then continued his studies at Yale University where he received his Master of Arts, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy in Economics. His fields of teaching and research are strategic innovation, marketing strategy, competitive advertising and market research.
He has consultancy experience in market research, product innovation, new product targeting, positioning and promotion. He also has consultancy experience in governmental and academic forums.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and therefore their emolument will be the net fee, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €976
HRDA Subsidy: €476*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €500*
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.