Marketing and Customer Service
Marketing is one of the most important profit-making corporate functions. With the rapid evolutions in technology and the emergence of new forces in the international marketplace, marketing is inundated with the difficult task of maintaining consistency and clarity in the corporate messages across a complex web of different new and old media.
Customer service excellence, albeit a challenging task to achieve, has the potential to transform an organization and offer benefits on a number of levels. To do so organizations need to navigate themselves through the complicated notions of service quality and customer care.
Therefore, it is essential for executives today to have a thorough understanding of the customer – a solid understanding of the intricacies of customer behavior paves the way for optimum marketing practices, and the marketing know-how to achieve success.
The Marketing and Customer Service is also offered as an optional module within the CIIM Executive Development Programme (EDP) - a fast-track management enhancement programme.
Date/Time: 24 & 25 May 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 2 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop will help you understanding the role of contemporary marketing and its importance in the current economic conditions. Analysing evidence from business practice on the significance of marketing for corporate success will effectively generate information about your customers, their preferences and behaviour. Understanding the value of marketing will help your organisation achieve a competitive advantage and customer delight. Learn to use important marketing principles that can be applied within your organisation by appreciating the significance of internal marketing.
Exercise quality customer service through its dimensions and optimal management, know how to recover any failed services and understand the importance of customer relationship management for contemporary business practice, the inherent challenges and the secrets for successful relationship development and management.
Co-creating your service with your customers and co-producing the desired outcomes, will gain you a successful customer care.
Contemporary marketing revisited
- Its role and importance in the current economic landscape
Business practice evidence
- The significance of marketing for corporate success and long-term profitability
- The essence of business practice and the focus of all marketing activities
- Understanding the preferences and behavior of customers
- Imposing logic upon the perceived irrationality of the decision maker
Creating and sustaining competitive advantages in an increasingly competitive marketplace
- The power of customer delight
Managing the media presence conundrum
- Maintaining presence, relevance, clarity and consistency across marketing and communication campaigns
Managing the internal forces complexity
- The importance and use of internal marketing
Customer relationship management
- Understanding the significance of customer relationship management for the achievement of loyalty and repeat patronage
- Appreciating the challenges encountered in focusing an organization on relationship management
- Strategies for developing and managing customer relationships
Customer service and service quality
- The achievement of service excellence
- Optimal management for customer delight
- Moments of truth, critical incidents, service failure, and service recovery - can they too lead to customer delight?
- Strategies for developing and managing customer relationships
- Positioning, branding, and communicating for service excellence
- Analysis and evaluation of successful contemporary examples
- The importance of creating an exceptional customer service experience & customer delight in your business
- The usefulness of customer complaints to improving operations & customer service
- Dealing with complaints and "difficult" customers: an opportunity to improve operations
- Handling different types of customers in different ways
- Using emotional intelligence skills to improve customer service & sales
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is designed for managers, executives, supervisors and specialists who have risen to management positions. It is also beneficial to business owners, CEOs and experienced managers who need to learn successful practices so as to use marketing oprimally and provide excellent customer service.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Yannis Pollalis ( Read Full Bio )
Yannis Pollalis, is a professor of Strategic Management & Policy in the Department of Economic Science at the University of Piraeus in Greece since 1999, and since 2004 is the founder and Director of the Graduate Program in Economic & Business Strategy.
He has consulted, researched and published numerous articles on strategic marketing, management of information systems, strategy formulation, e-business development, leadership, emotional intelligence and leadership.
In the Greek private sector, Yannis has chaired numerous committees for the development of information systems and has been special technical consultant in many public sector projects (e-procurement for public services, e-NAYTILIA, Police on-line, etc.), especially in the areas of strategic business planning, reengineering, and procurement planning (Ministry of Commercial Shipping & Maritime Affairs, Hellenic Defense Systems, Ministry of National Development, Hellenic Post , Greek Exports Organization, National Bank of Greece, OTE, etc.).
In addition, he has served as a Keynote & Motivational Speaker and a consultant in issues of Leadership, Human Resources Development, Motivation for Employees, Coaching & Teamwork workshops (Train-the-Trainer), Marketing Planning, Strategic Planning, Performance Management & Measurement Systems (Dixons’ South Europe Group, IASO General Hospital, Hellenic Private Hospitals Organization, L’Oreal Hellas, Altec Telecoms, National Bank of Greece, Oriflame SA, Psimitis SA, Hermes Group-Cyprus, AMGEN Hellas, Yellow-Pages, Interamerican Insurance Group, ING Group, MDRT, LIMRA, GAMA Hellas, etc).
He has published 15 books in the areas of management, strategic planning, information management, e-business, marketing management, organizational behavior and business corporate strategy. His research has been funded by the Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, NATO’s Science & Research Program and the European Network for SMEs Research. He is in the editorial board for The International Journal for Information Management (IJIM), The Journal of Marketing & Operations Management Research and has served as Associate Editor for the Journal of Applied Systems Studies (JASS) and Editor for the International Journal of Economics & Business (SPOUDAI). He has served as a faculty member for iSchool during 1993-1998 and since 2002 he has been a visiting professor for the Summer Leadership Institute at Syracuse University, New York.
Expertise: Strategic Marketing, Strategic Management, e-Business Development, Leadership, Emotional Intelligence
Training Experience: Over 25 years of experience in business training. Yannis has facilitated numerous training programmes for several companies including Dixons’ South Europe Group, IASO General Hospital, L’Oreal Hellas, Altec Telecoms Group, National Bank of Greece, Hermes Group-Cyprus, Interamerican Insurance, ING Group and MDRT.
Programme Fee: €550
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €312*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.