Managing Projects using PMI's Standards
Registration Deadline: 26 February 2018
Training Dates: 05, 12, 19, 26 March and 02 April 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The project management standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute are the most important industry-recognized for project managers. By using the PMI’s PMP – Project Management Professional methodology, you can work in virtually any industry and at any location.
Globally recognized and in demand, the PMP demonstrates to employers, clients and colleagues that a project manager possesses project management knowledge, experience and skills to bring projects to successful completion.
As the demand for certified project managers is at a critically urgent level, participants may pursue an optional external examination for obtaining the PMP certification. PMP holders are in a position to provide the professional skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results. The PMP recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experienced in leading and directing projects.
- Understand the standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute and the PMBoK – Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strengthen your skills in selecting, initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a project of any size and type
- Link project management to operations management and organisational strategy
- Understand communication, human-resources, quality and risk processes
- Recognise the principles of procurement and contract management
- Learn how to apply business analytic techniques to address business challenges
- Experienced Project Managers
- Professionals who want to gain a practical methodology for managing their projects
- Professionals pursuing the PMP® qualification
Topics to be covered
- Project Management – A historical review
- Introduction to the Standard of PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Critical Definitions (Definitions):
- Projects & Project Management
- Basic Concepts
- Projects - Programs - Portfolios
- Linking Project Management to Operations Management and the Organisational Strategy
- Value Creation (Business Value) through the Project Management
- The role, duties and skills required for project managers
- Basic Skills (Threshold Abilities) and Leadership (Leadership)
- PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge)
- Operational characteristics and their influence on the Management of Works
- Organisational Structure
- Corporate Culture & corporate style
- Organisational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Project Stakeholders and Corporate Governance Measuring Project Success
- Project Team
- Project Lifecycle
- Project Phases
- Project Management Life cycle
- Process Groups Project
- Initiating Processes Group
- Planning Processes Group
- Project Execution Processes Group
- Monitoring & Controlling Processes Group
- Closing Processes Group
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Tools and Techniques of each process
- Popular Project Management software (Introduction – Demo)
PMP® Eligibility Requirements for obtaining the Qualification (Optional):
To be eligible for the PMP certification, candidates must meet certain requirements as described below. All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight consecutive years and registered hours must include project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing.
Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent) and minimum five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing projects* and 35 contact hours of formal project management education as delivered by CIIM.
Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) and minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing projects* and 35 contact hours of formal project management education as delivered by CIIM.
*Leading and directing projects as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the Project Management Professional Examination Content Outline.
PMP® Examination Information (Optional):
The PMP examination is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions on a Center-based testing (SBT) and in an allocated time of 4 hours.
Maintaining the PMP® credentials (Optional):
To maintain your PMP, candidates must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years. CIIM is the diamond sponsor of the PMI Cyprus Chapter and on a regular basis PDUs seminars are being offered.
Our subject matter expert will be offering unlimited post-training support to participants, including those pursuing the optional examination for the PMP certification. Upon completion of the training programme, full guidance for the exam application procedure is also provided. In addition, CIIM organises refresher sessions for those who plan to take the exam at a later date and after the training period.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Mr. Andreas Solomou
Mr. Solomou has substantial experience in managerial positions. He has managed numerous projects in the fields of product development and education. Since 2006, he has been training professionals in various fields including project management.
He holds a Master’s degree in business administration (MBA), and he is a certified project manager (PMP) by PMI (Project Management Institute), as well as a certified trainer of Microsoft (MCT). He also has an MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) certification for managing projects using information systems. He regularly delivers training to ECDL’s professional trainers regarding Project Planning.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and therefore their emolument will be the net fee, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €1,195
HRDA Subsidy: €595*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €600*
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
Exam Fee (Optional)
If you would like to pursue the examination for earning the PMP - Project Management Professional qualification, the following additional fee applies:
Exam Fee: US$405.00 for PMI members and US$555.00 for non-members. The exam fee is payable directly to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.