Leading People and Organisations
Registration Deadline: 12 April 2018
Training Dates: 19 & 20 April 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
Being a successful leader demands the effective management of people and organizations.
Leaders and managers need to develop the highly valuable skills of managing and understanding people at individual, group and organisational levels.
This understanding is essential for managers at all functions and levels in order for them to contribute to their organisations’ objectives and increase their prospects of a successful professional career.
Prior to the commencement of the training workshop, participants will be required to complete two pre-assessments and agree upon their learning objectives with their line manager or mentor.
- Understand the critical importance of inspiring people leadership in turbulent times
- Develop leadership capability
- Understanding the motives of ourselves and those we seek to lead
- Designing and building high performance teams
- Engaging and energising people to make change happen
- Develop an appropriate and realistic action plan for future personal management and leadership development
Managers, executives, supervisors and specialists who have risen to management positions, as well as owners, CEOs and other senior managers from all industry sectors and departments.
Topics to be covered
- Management and leadership in challenging times
- What got you here, won’t get you there – career derailment issues
- Your leadership network
- Motivation and engagement
- Understanding your own and others’ goals and motives. Debrief of the Work Interests Schedule
- Gathering data on other’s goals and motives. Cross-cultural difference
- Changing individual behaviour
- Contingency/situational leadership
- Delivering effective feedback and having difficult conversations
- High performance teams
- Structure and balance in teams - forming and reforming
- Team design - debrief of Belbin
- Building team cohesion and encouraging innovation
- Being a leader of change
- Change as an opportunity – the key role of purpose
- Change as a necessity – creating urgency
- What do inspiring leaders do?
- Engaging people rationally and emotionally. Using “nudging” techniques
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Mr. Brian Willman
For 25 years, Mr. Willman has specialised in the development of leadership skills for executives in organisations facing change. His main areas of work are management and leadership development, developing high potential managers, teambuilding events, coaching senior managers and 360-degree feedback.
His clients come from many areas including retail, management consulting and financial services and include LVMH, Innocent, Teach First and easyJet. He has worked throughout Europe and the US, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, the Middle East and South East Asia.
He is a Fellow in the Centre for Management Development at London Business School and a Programme Director for a number of businesses that use the School (Nestlé, and Rabobank). He teaches organisational behaviour on other programmes, including those for Roche, Nestlé and Mitsui.
He has run the three-day Leadership Module on the School’s Accelerated Development Programme and taught the prestigious Essentials of Leadership open programme. His teaching ratings are among the highest in the School.
He has a long association with Cyprus and CIIM. He has taught on the Executive Leadership Programme for many years and is currently teaching the Leadership Skills option on the MBA programme. He has also worked with a number of local businesses including Pafilia and EOS.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.