International Business Development and Promotion
Registration Deadline: 18 April 2018
Training Dates: 25 & 27 April 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
Setting up an international operation from scratch or even expanding existing international operations to new markets presents a challenge. Such challenge includes the identification and validation of new or expansion markets, setting up internationalisation strategies, matching target markets and successfully promote products or services when entering a new market or expanding operations in an existing market.
In order to deal with such issues, companies must acquire the right analytical tools to identify the correct resources when assessing the internationalisation potential, attractiveness, competition and characteristics of the different markets.
Equally important, companies must understand the different types of internationalisation strategies, the relative merits of different market entry or expansion modes and the various marketing mix strategies.
- Understand how to assess the internationalisation potential of different markets
- Identify sources of competitive advantage in international strategy
- Identify the four main types of international strategy
- Rank markets for entry, or expansion
- Assess the relative merits of different market entry/expansion modes
- Choose the optimal promotional mix
Managers responsible for the international business development, respective strategy and promotion of their companies.
Topics to be covered
- Assessment of the internationalisation potential of different markets for companies
- Identification of sources of competitive advantage in international strategy
- Individual Case Study: Global or Local?
- Identification of the four main types of international strategy
- Group Exercise: International outsourcing
- Market selection and entry (or expansion)
- How to rank companies by market characteristics including political, economic, social and legal characteristics
- Mini Case: Rapid overseas expansion brings contrasting experiences
- How to rank companies by competitive characteristics
- Individual Exercise: Base of the Pyramid strategies
- Group exercise: Global, local or regional?
- Market entry modes: Staged International Expansion Model
- Mini case: The mini-multinational
- Assess the relative merits of different market entry modes
- Case Study: East meets West
- Marketing mix for professional services firms
- Creating an action plan
- Exercise: Prioritise ideas and create an action-plan
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Dr. Paris Cleanthous
Dr. Cleanthous is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Strategy at the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM). He is also the Director of the MBA and MPSM programmes at CIIM.
Prior to his appointment at CIIM, he was an Assistant Professor of Marketing at New York University’s Stern School of Business and a Lecturer at the University of Cyprus. He has also held positions at the International Monetary Fund, KPMG and Korea University.
Dr. Cleanthous received his Bachelor of Science in Economics and Mathematics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He then continued his studies at Yale University where he received his Master of Arts, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy in Economics. His fields of teaching and research are strategic innovation, marketing strategy, competitive advertising and market research.
He has consultancy experience in market research, product innovation, new product targeting, positioning and promotion. He also has consultancy experience in governmental and academic forums.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.