Integrated Internet and Digital Marketing Programme
Registration Deadline: 21 March 2018
Training Dates: 28 & 29 March, 25 & 26 April, 15 May 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The Internet and the field of internet and digital marketing is now one of the most important sales and marketing channels available. Marketing in its traditional form is changing and clients can be approached by companies through new channels via the use of digital technology.
Understanding the best practices in digital marketing is vital as technology is quickly changing and the channels of marketing are also very different. Marketing online is not just about having a website or emailing, it includes optimizing the website, getting on the top of lists of search-engines, finding the right channels and online portals to promote your products and services, creating friendly websites, utilizing social media and using mobile marketing tactics and other activities that are constantly changing.
The need to increase online visibility, as well as having a comprehensive overview of how digital marketing works and what actions can be taken to generate sales, are both vital to marketers, business owners and other decision-makers.
The aim of the programme is to provide an all-round overview of the digital marketing practices as well as to prepare candidates for the Certified Digital Marketing Professional examination. The programme at CIIM also boasts a practical session that allows participants to attain a real-life execution of digital marketing activities as well as interacting during a Q&A session.
The programme will help participants understand how to integrate digital marketing tactics into their overall marketing strategy and to maximize the performance of their online marketing investments.
Participants will learn how to plan, implement and manage a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for their organisation. Through a hands-on approach the programme will enable participants to engage with their customers online. Going far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories, the Programme will provide applicable lessons in the classroom that can be implemented successfully within organizations.
The objective of the programme is to help participants:
- understand the current trends and best practices in digital marketing
- leverage innovative strategies in order to gain competitive advantage for their business
- recognize a greater range of e-marketing options, and create synergies between online and offline marketing
- obtain, engage, nurture and convert customers through digital channels
- use social media tools as part of a complete marketing programme
- plan, evaluate, and measure digital marketing
- set meaningful and measurable objectives for digital marketing campaigns
- explore initiatives that lead to stronger customer relationship development, improved conversion rates, higher repeat business and customer acquire
- develop online communities that involve customers in idea generation, thereby reducing costs while improving quality and satisfaction
- identify micro-niches that can be profitably served online
- recognize how organizations and business models must change to reflect this new media environment
The course is designed for those responsible for developing or implementing an organisation’s online marketing strategy, as well as managers with direct responsibility for the company’s marketing functions, including, marketing managers, marketing executives, small business owners, IT managers and executives.
Topics to be covered
Day 1: Introduction & SEO
- Introduction: What is Digital? History and key milestones.
- The changing role of Digital in the Integrated Mix.
- Definition of online Display Advertising
- Exploring the Strengths & Weaknesses of online Display as a marketing tool
- Understanding the role / place of online Display within the overall Digital Mix.
- Consumer behaviour
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google, Yahoo and Bing Explained
- Website Changes Required (if any)
- Competitor Analysis & Links
- Website User Behaviour
Day 2: PPC & Analytics
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Explained
- Search Engine Ads Setup
- Website Analytics
Day 3: Mobile & E-mail Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Email hints and tips (creative, deliverability, rendering etc.)
- The future of email (Facebook Messages, Gmail Priority Inbox, etc).
Day 4: Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- What the top Social Media sites are and how to utlise them well
- Online networking etiquette
- Facebook and LinkedIn Profiles, Pages and Groups – What’s the difference? Which ones do you need and why
- Mobile Marketing
- Online PR
- Online Video Marketing
Day 5: Digital Display Advertising & Strategy – Planning
- Bringing It All Together – Creating and Implementing a Digital Marketing Plan
- Budgeting and costing.
- Planning implementation.
- Planning Digital in the Integrated Mix.
- Great Digital campaigns (real examples, combining activity across platforms, and achieving great results)
Examination Information (Optional)
Those wishing to obtain the Certified Digital Marketing Professional qualification must sit an exam within 24 weeks of completion of the training programme at CIIM. We recommend taking the exam 3-6 weeks after completion of the course.
The examination is computer-based which is hosted at the Pearson VUE Centres across Cyprus. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes and candidates will be assessed on a range of different multiple-choice question formats including Text-based, Image-based, Matching and Hot-Spot questions.
Should a candidate fail the first exam attempt, they are advised to repeat the exam within the exam eligibility period (24 weeks as explained above). Candidates have three exam attempts in total. The pass rate is 60%.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Mr. Jeremy Spiller
Mr. Spiller is the CEO and Co-Founder of White Hat Media, an award winning digital marketing agency in the UK which specialises in web marketing and search engine optimisation (SEO) services.
During his 14 years of training experience, he has been acknowledged as Trainer of the Year and has worked with leading international brands and companies including Microsoft, Toshiba, the NHS, Hitachi, Yell, McCann Ericksson, Vodafone, John Lewis and many more.
He is a visiting faculty at well-known universities and business schools and has delivered numerous executive digital marketing seminars in New York, London, Paris and Hanoi.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA (ΑνΑΔ). Organisations registered in Cyprus, who satisfy the HRDA criteria, are entitled to apply for the subsidy and therefore their emolument will be the net fee, as described below:
Gross Fee (before subsidy): €1,675
HRDA Subsidy: €420*
Net Fee (after subsidy): €1,255*
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
Additional Fees (Optional)
If you would like to pursue the examination for earning the Certified Digital Marketing Professional qualification, the following additional fees apply:
DMI Registration: €225 payable to CIIM
Exam Fee: 140 GBP for the first exam attempt and 40 GBP for subsequent attempts. The exam fee is payable directly to Pearson VUE test centre at the time of booking the exam.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.