Global Financial Compliance by the CISI
Registration Deadline: 08 June 2018
Training Dates: 15 & 22 June 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The Global Financial Compliance programme will provide candidates with a broad understanding of the compliance issues that arise within the financial services industry. The programme addresses techniques used to implement a successful compliance function and provides a comprehensive introduction to all the issues compliance departments and functions may encounter. It explores the international regulatory environment, managing the risk of financial crime, governance, risk management, ethics, integrity and fairness.
The programme is also ideal for those wishing to pursue the CISI Global Financial Compliance Certificate. The Certificate is recognized by the FCA (UK’s Financial Services Authority) and by the FSSC (UK’s Financial Services Skills Council). It is widely recognized and respected as a leading qualification, meeting the highest quality standards in the European market.
This training programme may be approved for 5 CPD units.
- Examine the international regulatory environment and the compliance function
- Attain the know-how to manage risks of financial crime
- Appreciate the essentials of ethics, integrity and fairness
- Understand governance, risk-management and overall compliance
- OPTIONAL: Success in the CISI Global Financial Compliance exam provides a free CISI Student membership. A combination with the CySEC regulatory exam also provides the ACSI designatory letters.
The programme is suitable for all compliance staff and will be especially relevant to Compliance Officers.
Topics to be covered
- The International Regulatory Environment
- Models of regulation
- The international approach to regulation
- The Compliance Function
- International best practice
- The role of compliance function within a firm
- Managing regulatory relationships
- Managing the Risk of Financial Crime
- Money laundering, terrorist financing and the standards required of firms
- Practical implications
- Policies, procedures and controls required of firms
- Ethics, Integrity and Fairness
- Market Integrity
- Fair Conduct
- Fair Dealing
- Governance, Risk management and Compliance
- Corporate governance
- Key risk types, their application and impact on the compliance function
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Mr. Demetris Tsingis
Mr. Demetris Tsingis is the Founder & Managing Partner at FINCAP Advisers Ltd. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), a member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (MCSI), a member of the ICPAC Financial Services sub-committee and a holder of the ICPAC practicing certificate, a member of the Cypriot Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Education sub-committee, an advanced licence holder of the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) and an approved and active CF10 Compliance and CF11 AML Compliance from the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). He is also a licensed Mediator and Insolvency Practitioner in Cyprus and the Founding President of the Kuwait – Cyprus Business Association Board of the CCCI.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.