Employment Law in Cyprus
Registration Deadline: 29 November 2017
Training Dates: 13 & 14 December 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The programme will assist managers to attain the necessary knowledge in taking decisions, provide advice and handle issues referring to employee’s rights & duties, grievances, disciplinary matter and terminations of employment.
- Appreciate the employment law in Cyprus and the legal institutions
- Examine social partners and collective agreements
- Understand the most important principles, rules of court, procedures and evidence
- Appreciate everyday business matters and the impact of employment law
- Develop the knowledge to handle employment issues by exercising the rights & duties of both employees and employers
- Business Owners
- Senior Managers and Directors
- Operations Managers
- HR Managers
- Line Managers
Topics to be covered
- Overview of the employment law in Cyprus and recent updates
- Legal obligations of business owners and managers
- Social Partners and their impact in businesses
- Industrial relations and employment agreements
- Employer’s and employee’s obligations to maternity leave
- Employer’s obligations to compulsory leaves
- Optional leaves and benefits as rewards
- The importance of employment relationship, duties, rights and obligations
- Ensuring best practice in health & safety at work
- Discrimination in employment
- Termination of employment
- Dealing with redundancy
- How to avoid an employment legal issue
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Stylianos Christoforou
Mr. Christoforou is the Managing Partner of Stylianos Christoforou & Co Law Firm and is also the exclusive legal consultant of a great number of large companies, organisations and institutions in Cyprus.
He possesses an outstanding legal expertise in a spectrum of practices including but not limited to employment and labour law, commercial law, company law, tax law, family law, property law and strategic business consulting.
Furthermore, he has handled a number of local and international arbitrations as well as numerous high-profile negotiations between employers and trade union representatives.
Per Participant: €410
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.