Registration Deadline: 16 March 2018
Training Dates: 23 March 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
In today’s complex and fast changing business environment, effective communication is essential for individual, team and organisational success. The aim of this module is to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to communicate with consistent and positive impact and to provide a foundation for some of the later modules which will focus on specific applications of communication such as coaching, people management and client relationships. We will also explore the different styles of communication that participants and the persons they communicate with prefer to use. The module is highly interactive and practical, so as to give participants maximum opportunity to utilise the skills being taught.
- Learn how to make a good first impression
- Understand how to build rapport, listen with empathy and build trust with others
- Know how and when to assert yourself
- Learn how to give and receive feedback with ease
- Explore different styles of communication and the dynamics emerging from them
- Learn how to speak to a group in a motivating way
Managers, executives, supervisors and specialists who have risen to management positions, as well as experienced managers, who need to learn successful practices and improve their communication skills.
Topics to be covered
- introducing the course, the tutor and the participants
- exploring areas of interest for participants
- Being a Great Communicator
- model for effective communication
- focusing on the real task
- being aware of internal conversations
- reframing a situation
- challenging assumptions and unconscious bias
- Inter-Personal Skills
- the secret skills of listening
- using body-language
- speaking with confidence
- Communication Styles
- Questionnaire Analysis – personal diagnosis and its implications for communication
- Group exercise – communicating through e-mail
- Communicating to Motivate
- The 5 “C”s
- Group Exercise – “The de-motivated team”
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Dr. Jacquie Drake
Dr. Drake has 35 years experience in developing leaders at all levels and has a track record of success in pioneering radical new approaches to leadership development at top global business schools and in blue-chip organisations.
She has been working with CIIM since 2005 as Professor of Communications and Organisational Behaviour. She is also currently lecturing on MBA, MSc and Executive programmes at Cranfield School of Management and the Defence Academy in the UK, Mannheim Business School, and Euromoney, London & Hong Kong. Her specialisms are: leadership, communication, team dynamics, personal development, performance management and organisational change. She also has a particular interest in Women in Leadership.
Over the years, Dr. Drake has consulted internationally to a very wide range of organisations, frequently with executive boards and individual directors and their teams.
She is an experienced consultant who has coaching skills, facilitation skills and teaching skills. She has worked with middle and senior managers, Directors and those preparing themselves for top jobs throughout her career.
Per Participant: €190
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.