Business Intelligence and Data Science: Competing using Data Analytics
Business intelligence training is a "must have" for both executives and corporations in today's fast-changing business world. The emergence of new market players, the proliferation of competitors and the need to constantly innovate to maintain a competitive edge means that business intelligence training should be fully integrated into an organization's training portfolio. In addition, as the marketplace and competitors have become global, so business intelligence training requires professional support from world-class executive training organizations.
Date/Time: 20 & 22 June 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 2 days
Location: CIIM Limassol ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is highly interactive and practical, and will allow participants to effectively attain an all-round introduction to business intelligence and data analytics techniques.
Particularly, participants will benefit from comprehending notions like data acquisition, data quality and system integration and how appreciate how these might affect the results of data analytics in the business intelligence.
In additional, participants will take-away a practical kit with data analytics techniques at a high-level and obtain hands-on experience with computational statistics and machine learning applications using the Python programming language.
The programme will also provide state-of-the-art data analytics solutions to case studies and participants will learn how to apply the appropriate business analytics techniques to address specific business challenges.
So Much Data and so little Business Intelligence: The data-driven approach
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Data Acquisition considerations
- Data Quality
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Communicating Data Analytics Results to top-management
- Interpreting the output of data analytics
- Decision Making with Uncertainty
Applied Data Science with MS Excel
- Applied Statistics using MS Excel
- Analysis ToolPak Kit
Applied Data science with Python
- Introduction to Python Programming Language
- The Anaconda IDE
- Using spyder to analyze data
Fundamentals of Data Science: The theory behind
- Computational Statistics (hypothesis testing, linear and multi-linear regression, logistic regression, Bayesian approaches)
- Introduction to Machine Learning (supervised and unsupervised learning, clustering, classification, prediction; Logistic Regression, k-means algorithm, Decision Trees, Neural Networks)
Data Analytics Applications: From Theory to Practice
- Workshop using Python libraries (SciKit, matplotlib, pandas, NumPy)
Descriptive Analytics: Visualization Techniques
- Ready-to-use solutions: MS Excel, Power BI, SQL Server Business Intelligence, Tableau
Data Analytics Lab
- Applications datasets: fraud analytics, customer segmentation analytics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is suitable for decision makers and team leaders in IT-related projects, managers of all disciplines that would like to understand what their technical people are telling them, as well as for anyone who wish to get an all-round overview of a variety of aspects concerning data securing and data analytics. The programme requires that all participants know computer programming fundamentals.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Theodosis Mourouzis currently serves as Executive Manager of CIIM Limassol Branch, a lecturer of information management and Director of MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics at CIIM.
He holds a BA/MA (Honors) in Mathematics from University of Cambridge, a Master of Advanced Study in Mathematics (Number Theory Group) from University of Cambridge, a Master of Research (MRes) in Security Science from University College London (UCL) and a PhD in Information Security and Cryptography from University College London (UCL).
He had worked as a Cryptologist in projects funded by Technology Strategy Board (TSB) and UK CDE (Centre for Defense Enterprise) and as a Security SME at Digital Security and Fraud at Lloyds Banking Group in London, UK. In addition, has worked as a data analyst and consultant for various London-based start-ups, consulting on data analytics and information security aspects. He is Recipient of the UK University Cipher Champion 2013 award.
His research interests lie in the area of cryptanalysis of both symmetric and asymmetric cryptosystems (especially military-level encryption), information security, optimization techniques in cryptanalysis and applications of data analytics techniques in fraud prevention.
Kyriacos Pavlou is a research associate and visiting lecturer at CIIM. He currently serves as CTO at Procemo Software Ltd.
He holds a BA/MA(Hons) in Genetics from the University of Cambridge, a double BSc in Computer Science/Mathematics and an MSc in Computer Science from the University of Arizona. He completed his PhD on Database Forensics and Information Accountability at the University of Arizona.
He has worked as a postdoctoral research associate in the Computer Science department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His worked focused on extending concepts of database information accountability to the cloud.
Kyriacos has been working on achieving information accountability in relational databases. He has been developing information accountability enterprise architectures along with forensic tools and algorithms for analyzing database tampering. He has served as manager and chief programmer of the Dragoon project an NSF-funded project for achieving database compliance. His research interests include database design and security, information accountability, cloud-resident databases and big data.
Programme Fee: €460
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.