CSR Sustainability Strategy & Reporting Workshop
Registration Deadline: 08 September 2017
Training Date: 19 September 2017
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This programme will provide knowledge and excellent practice from world-leading organisations on how to design a sustainability strategy and how to prepare a sustainability report.
Corporations now change their business models from results-driven to purpose-driven and this creates a need for a concrete, thorough and robust sustainability strategy to contribute to global challenges such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Furthermore, the new regulatory framework regarding the disclosure of non-financial information in Europe created additional reporting challenges to companies.
- Appreciate an overview of the main points and intelligence on how to develop a sustainability strategy which is based on real examples of leading practices
- Attain a clear roadmap and market-driven approach and methodology to draft a corporate responsibility and sustainability report
- Examine the latest updates on the regulatory requirements with regards to the newly adopted EU Directive on the disclosure of Non-Financial Information and learn how it is adopted by several EU Member states including Cyprus, Greece, the UK and others
- Sustainability Professionals who perform activities related to environmental, economic, governance or social responsibility
- Professionals engaged in Corporate Responsibility, Human Resources, Public Relations, Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Corporate Governance, Communication, Environment and Quality
- Professionals interested in attaining a solid knowledge of sustainability strategy & reporting
Topics to be covered:
- The Pillars of Sustainability
- Linking sustainability with vision/mission statement, corporate values and business model
- Sustainability Governance (Sustainability Committees, Teams and Working Groups)
- Global sustainability challenges and megatrends (The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement)
- EU & Sustainability (Circular Economy, the Horizon 2020 funding mechanism, the EU Directive on the Disclosure of Non-Financial Information)
- Responsible Investments (ESG / SRI) – Attract Responsible Investors – Invest Responsibly - The UN ESG Value Driver Model
- Measuring sustainability (Social Return on Investment, Total Value, True Value, etc.)
- Stakeholder identification, mapping and engagement strategies (the AA1000 standard)
- Communicating sustainability to stakeholders
- Long-term sustainability policy and commitments
- Materiality analysis (reporting on what matters)
- Creating a sustainability action plan on material issues (short and long-term)
- A roadmap to sustainability reporting – time-plan and assigning priorities and resources
- Sustainability reporting frameworks (GRI, UN Global Compact, Integrated Reporting, SASB, ISO 26000)
- Third-party assurance in sustainability reporting
- Developing a sustainability strategy and action plan
- Markets & Sustainability – Global Leaders Best Practices in Strategic Sectors – The Pioneers
- Responsible supply chains – Mitigate your risks
- Benefits of implementing sustainable development strategy, principles and practices
- 10 Reasons you need a Sustainability Strategy
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Michael Spanos
Mr. Spanos is the founder & Managing Director of the Global Sustain Group. He is key Advisor for the European Commission on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), an AHC Group Senior Associate (New York, USA), a member of the secretariat of the United Nations Global Compact Network and of the Advisory Board of the CEO Clubs in Greece, a member of the External Sustainability Advisory Council of FMC Corporation (Philadelphia, USA).
He is a corporate executive with extensive hands-on entrepreneurial experience in sustainability, corporate responsibility, management consulting, investments and business information with exceptional communication and networking skills and a demonstrable track-record of delivering sustainability and business development solutions.
He collaborates with sustainability driven international organisations such as the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the United Nations Global Compact, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the European Commission & Parliament, the Academy for Business in Society (ABIS), the EFQM, and the CEO Clubs International.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.