Corporate Administrators Programme
Registration Deadline: 25 April 2018
Training Dates: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30 May & 06, 13, 20 June 2018
Training Hours: 18:00 - 21:45
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
The recent financial upheavals in Cyprus have shaken the confidence of international investors in the sustainability of the economic outlook of the island as a rock-solid site of business in the financial and corporate world. There is now a greater demand for a need to retain the confidence of various stakeholders in the general business outlook of Cyprus.
The functional role of company administrators is increasingly emerging as one of key instrumental significance in revitalizing the status of Cyprus as a world-renowned centre for international financial and corporate business. Earlier, the traditional role of a company secretary was limited to providing support to the board of directors and managing administrative affairs of an organization. However, the horizon of their roles and responsibilities has expanded exponentially.
As the position of a company administrator has steadily developed into a critical role in the effective functioning of a corporate entity so has the demand for this job profile. In this role, administrators not only hold a high position in the management hierarchy but their job description and role is highly accountable both within and outside one’s organization.
The main objective of the course is to provide a profound insight into the Company Administration procedure in Cyprus and thus help participants develop their Company Secretarial expertise and compliance skills. In particular, the course aims to help participants acquire knowledge of the regulatory framework of the daily administration of a company. In essence, through a combination of traditional classroom learning and interactive activities, the course will enable participants to understand the company law and procedures and the overall duties of a corporate administrator and the company executive secretary. More specifically participants will learn how to:
- Register companies in the Registrar of Cyprus
- Provide the Board of Directors with reliable secretarial assistance and expert advice
- Examine the role of a Company Administrator as an important functionary of a company’s managerial hierarchy working in the capacity of the company registrar
- Provide assistance to the company in relation to a whole range of relevant legal matters and ensure that the company complies with the statutory and internal rules and regulations
- Monitor the general administrative activities of a company and effectively secure all legal and other confidential documents
- Manage all aspects of corporate meetings including board-meetings, annual general meetings, interaction with important clients and vendors, meetings with government and private delegations
- Act as a vital link between the Board of Directors and external entities such as shareholders, regulatory authorities and government bodies
- Prepare and present detailed reports regarding company policies
- Corporate Administrators
- Company Secretaries
- Finance Directors
- Chief Accountants
- Financial Controllers
- Tax Consultants
- Career changers who seek to pursue a position in the field
Topics to be covered
- The modern company law in Cyprus
- Nature of company
- Types of companies
- Promotion of a company
- The consequences of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Changing a company’s name
- Registering, altering and filing charges
- Company’s common seal
- Share capital
- Dividends and profits
- Membership in a company
- Borrowing powers
- Loans, investments and public deposits
- Company management and administration
- Company meetings
- Company resolutions
- Accounts and Audit
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Business reorganisation: reconstruction, mergers, acquisitions
- Conversion of companies
- Liquidation process
- Winding up of a company
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Mr. Demetris Savvides
Demetris Savvides is in the field of corporate administration and business development of Kesconsutl Ltd. He is in the Company Secretarial field for the past 15 years and for the last 4 years he has been serving the industry as member of the law council of Cyprus heading the legal department of this firm. He has been in charge of regulatory and supervisory functions of the firm in order to manage prevailing statutory norms and secure the financial and legal standards applicable to business operations. Demetris Savvides has also extensive experience that covers the full spectrum from all aspects of implementation of complex national or transnational tax minimization strategies, and support in compliance matters. Finally, he serves as the journal correspondent of the International Public Private Partnership Law Review.
Per Participant: €420
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, coffee and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.