Corporate Administrators Programme
The recent financial upheavals in Cyprus have shaken the confidence of international investors in the sustainability of the economic outlook of the island as a rock-solid site of business in the financial and corporate world.
There is now a greater demand for a need to retain the confidence of various stakeholders in the general business outlook of Cyprus.
The functional role of company administrators is increasingly emerging as one of key instrumental significance in revitalizing the status of Cyprus as a world known centre for international financial and corporate business.
Earlier, the traditional role of a company secretary was limited to providing support to the board of directors and managing administrative affairs of an organization. However, the horizon of their roles and responsibilities has expanded exponentially.
As the position of a company administrator has steadily developed into critical to the effective functioning of a corporate entity so has the demand for this job profile.
In this role, administrators not only hold a high position in the management hierarchy but their job description and role is highly accountable both within and outside one’s organization.
Training Dates/Time: 26 April & 3, 17, 24 May 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Group Consultation Dates/Time: 09 May 2017 at 09:00 - 12:00 or 11 May 2017 at 14:00 - 17:00 and 30 May 2017 at 09:00 - 12:00 or 01 June 2017 at 14:00 - 17:00
Training Duration: 28 training hours over 4 days plus 6 hours group consultation over 2 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This training workshop is designed to provide you with a profound insight into the Company Administration Procedure in Cyprus and thus, help you develop your Company Secretarial expertise and compliance skills.
In particular, the course aims to help you acquire knowledge of the regulatory framework of the daily administration of a company. In essence, through a combination of traditional classroom learning and interactive activities, the course will enable you to understand the company law and procedures, and the overall duties of a corporate administrator and the company executive secretary.
Provided Tools: A practical guide with sets and procedures with descriptive guidelines will be given to all participants. Through practical examples, all forms will be completed through guided learning in the classroom.
Participants will learn:
- How to provide the Board of Directors with reliable secretarial assistance and expert advice in many respects.
- The role of company Administrator as an important functionary of a company’s managerial hierarchy working in the capacity of the company registrar.
- How to provide assistance to the company in relation to a whole range of relevant legal matters. They will also learn how to ensure that the company complies with the statutory and internal rules and regulations of company, as well as with other security and corporate laws.
- How to monitor the general administrative activities of the company, and how to be responsible for the safekeeping of all legal and other confidential documents of the company.
- How to manage all aspects of corporate meetings be it board meetings, annual general meetings, interaction with important clients and vendors, meetings with government and private delegations. They may also have to take up the responsibility to manage corporate events.
- How to act as a vital link between the board of directors and external entities such as shareholders, regulatory authorities and government bodies. They may often have to prepare detailed reports regarding company policies and disseminate them amongst internal as well as external stakeholders. On the other hand, they may have to present the views of shareholders, regulatory bodies and government agencies to the board.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training workshop is designed for company secretaries and assistant secretaries of medium and small companies registered under the Companies Act. It is also beneficial to Finance Directors, Chief Accountants and Administrators, including financial controllers, tax consultants and auditors.
Furthermore, it will be of particular interest to newly registered lawyers and accountants, with local company administration issues. The programme is also relevant to individuals who are required to have at least a basic knowledge of the most important Corporate Administration Law and procedure of Cyprus.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Demetris Savvides ( Read Full Bio )
Demetris Savvides, LL.B, BSc., MSc. MBA(Cand), Ph.D(Cand), is in the field of corporate administration and business development of Kesconsult Ltd.
He is in the Company Secretarial field from past 15 years and for the last 4 years he has been serving the industry as member of the law council of Cyprus heading the legal department of this firm.
He has been in charge of regulatory and supervisory functions of the firm in order to manage prevailing statutory norms and secure the financial and legal standards applicable to business operations.
Demetris Savvides has also extensive experience that covers the full spectrum from all aspects of implementation of complex national or transnational tax minimization strategies, and support in compliance matters.
Lastly, he is serving as the journal correspondent of the International Public Private Partnership Law Review.
Expertise: Company Administration, Legal Consultation and Affairs
Training Experience: Over 15 years of local and international experience in business training. In Cyprus, he has recently trained professionals from organisations including Barclays Bank Plc, Ernst & Young Cyprus Ltd, Emservis Management, Hulme Consulting Ltd, Sovereign Trust Ltd, Prime XM Services Cy Ltd, Oneworld Ltd, OTA Orphanides Trust Agency Ltd, Executive Business Consultants Ltd and SMC Med Trustees CY Ltd.
Programme Fee: €590
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.