CISI Global Financial Compliance
The Global Financial Compliance programme will provide candidates a broad understanding of the compliance issues that arise within the financial services industry. The programme addresses techniques used to implement a successful compliance function and provides a comprehensive introduction to all the issues compliance departments and functions may encounter. It explores the international regulatory environment, managing the risk of financial crime, governance, risk management, ethics, integrity and fairness.
The programme is also ideal for those wishing to pursue the CISI Global Financial Compliance Certificate. The Certificate is recognized by the FCA (UK’s Financial Services Authority) and by the FSSC (UK’s Financial Services Skills Council). It is widely recognized and respected as a leading qualification, meeting the highest quality standards in the European market.
Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is the largest and most widely respected professional body for those who work in the securities and investment industry, having more than 40,000 members in 110 countries.
Acquiring a CISI qualification will supply you with a wide range of benefits, including access to five membership types. CISI membership is a compelling marker of professionalism in the financial services industry. Whatever stage of your career you are at, the CISI qualifications highlights to colleagues, clients and the wider industry a commitment to professionalism and the highest standards of knowledge, skills and behaviour.
Learn more about the CISI at www.cisi.org
CIIM is proud to be a CISI Accredited Training Partner (ATP) and the official CISI Examination Centre in Cyprus.
Date/Time: 13 & 15 June 2017, 08:30 - 17:00
Training Duration: 14 training hours over 2 days
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Participants will learn about the international regulatory environment and the compliance function. Participants will also attain the know-how to manage risk of financial crime.
The programme will provide the essentials of ethics, integrity and fairness and participants will appreciate governance, risk management and overall compliance.
By successfully passing an examination, you will obtain a free CISI Student membership. Combining it with the CySec regulatory exam, will also earn you the ACSI designatory letters.
ELEMENT 1: The International Regulatory Environment
- Models of regulation
- The international approach to regulation
ELEMENT 2: The Compliance function
- International best practice
- The role of compliance function within a firm
- Managing regulatory relationships
ELEMENT 3: Managing the risk of financial crime
- Money laundering, terrorist financing and the standards required of firms
- Practical implications
- Policies, procedures and controls required of firms
ELEMENT 4: Ethics, Integrity and Fairness
- Market Integrity
- Fair Conduct
- Fair Dealing
ELEMENT 5: Governance, Risk management and Compliance
- Corporate governance
- Key risk types, their application and impact on the compliance function
The examination consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, and will be conducted on-line at CIIM Nicosia. The examinations take place on Tuesdays on a weekly basis.
- Qualification Registration: £25 (for first time registrations to CISI)
- Certificate Examination: £255 + VAT
The fees are paid direcly to the CISI when registering for the examination. Full details will be given to delegates during the programme.
Benefits for Participants
- Candidates gain a certificate approved by the UK Regulator, Financial Services Authority (FCA), recognized by the No.1 European financial market
- It is one of the most complete certificate in financial compliance offered in Cyprus
- Success qualifies candidates to join CISI as Associate members who enjoy unparalleled networking and social events within CISI
- It combines practical and analytical skills with an international perspective
- Candidates expand their skills in all related industry sectors
- Candidates gain recognition and acceptance as career professionals within the European market
Benefits for Organisations
- Expand company’s know-how and demonstrates commitment in investing on human capital
- Being readily able to demonstrate the competency and professionalism of key staff is an important commercial advantage, showing clients the importance the organization places on having highly trained personnel
- Recognized from all major financial institutions worldwide
- Facilitates international business
- Enhances organization’s potential for new business development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The programme is ideal for risk and compliance managers and officers, branch management, corporate lawyers, finance officers, senior managers and managers of all disciplines and existing and aspiring non-executive directors.
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Trainer: Demetris Tsingis ( Read Full Bio )
Demetris A. Tsingis holds a BSc in Government & Economics from the LSE, an MBA in Finance and Entrepreneurial Management from Wharton Business School and is a Partner in K. Treppides & Co Ltd. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), a member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (MCSI), a member of the ICPAC Financial Services sub-committee and a holder of the ICPAC practicing certificate, a member of the Cypriot Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Education sub-committee, an advanced licence holder by the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) and an approved and active CF10 Compliance and CF11 AML Compliance from the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). He is an approved External Trainer by the HRDA and a licensed Mediator and Insolvency Practitioner in Cyprus.
He is a Local Councilor of the Strovolos Municipality, a Board Member of the Nicosia Sewerage Board and the Founding President of the Kuwait – Cyprus Business Association Board of the CCCI. He further served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of COOP Strovolou.
Demetris A. Tsingis has extensive experience by working with and for investment banks, private banks, investment funds, investment firms and has dealt with regulators such as the FCA, SEC, CySEC and CBC. His experience spans from mergers & acquisitions and LBO valuations, to private equity & venture capital, to portfolio management, to licensing, Risk Management, Compliance and AML Compliance, to audit and to business plan preparations. He is also a Fellow of Entrepreneurship lecturing at CIIM since 2006 and a lecturer in the Cyprus Entrepreneurship Competition since 2007.
Expertise: Portfolio Management, Risk Managmeent, Compliance, AML, Mergers and Acquisitions, LBO valuations, Private Equity and Venture Capital
Training Experience: Over 14 years of local and international experience. In Cyprus, he has recentry trained professionals from organisation including Hellenic Bank, Ernst & Young, Jordan Ahli Bank PLC, cdbbank, Orbex Ltd, Novatax Ltd, Q Investment Management & Advisory Ltd, C.D. Messios Ltd and Heatway Electromechanical Services Ltd.
Programme Fee: €550
HRDA Subsidy: €238*
Programme Fee after HRDA subsidy: €312*
*This programme has been approved by the HRDA. Organisations participating with their employees, who satisfy the HRDA's criteria, are entitled to the subsidy.
Due to CIIM's non-profit status, no VAT is charged. Fees include tuition, educational material, coffee breaks, refreshments and lunch.
- 10% discount for 3 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- 15% discount for 4 registered employees attending from the same organisation
- For larger group bookings from the same organisation please contact us
- CIIM Students and Alumni who will attend the programme without participating through their organisations will benefit from a 25% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. CIIM Students and Alumni attending as employees of a company and will apply to the subsidy, will benefit from a 15% discount on the net fee of the programme. Please contact us for further information.
- Unemployed individuals will benefit from a 15% discount on the fee before subsidy and can remit their payment in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.