Certificate in Corporate Administration
Registration Deadline: 10 October 2017
Language of Instruction: English
Training Dates: Attendance to all workshops is mandatory.
1. Workshop 1: 24 October 2017, 18:30 – 22:00 at CIIM Nicosia
2. Online Learning - A: commencing 25 October 2017
3. Workshop 2: 09 November (hours: 18:30 – 22:00) & 11 November 2017 (hours: 09:00 – 17:00) at CIIM Nicosia
4. Online Learning - B: commencing 12 November 2017
5. Workshop 3: 07 December (hours: 18:30 – 22:00) & 09 December 2017 (hours: 09:00 – 17:00) at CIIM Limassol
6. Invigilated Exam: 18 December 2017 (hours: 19:00 – 21:00) at CIIM Nicosia & Limassol
The Certificate in Corporate Administration provides a comprehensive insight into Company Law & Administration procedures in Cyprus.
The blended-learning educational approach (online and classroom-based) combined with a personalized approach to learning, assists working professionals comprehend and practice a holistic spectrum of their day-to-day tasks and challenges. Also, a practical guide with sets and procedures with descriptive guidelines will be given to all participants.
To obtain the Certificate, participants need to attend all workshops, complete all e-learning modules and successfully pass an exam.
- Register companies in the Registrar in Cyprus
- Provide the Board of Directors with reliable secretarial assistance and expert advice
- Examine the role of a Company Administrator as an important functionary of a company’s managerial hierarchy working in the capacity of the company registrar
- Provide assistance to the company in relation to a whole range of relevant legal matters and ensure that the company complies with the statutory and internal rules and regulations
- Monitor the general administrative activities of a company and effectively secure all legal and other confidential documents
- Manage all aspects of corporate meetings including board meetings, annual general meetings, interaction with important clients and vendors, meetings with government and private delegations
- Act as a vital link between the Board of Directors and external entities such as shareholders, regulatory authorities and government bodies
- Prepare and present detailed reports regarding company policies
- Corporate Administrators
- Company Secretaries
- Finance Directors
- Chief Accountants
- Financial Controllers
- Tax Consultants
- Career changers who seek to pursue a position in the field
Topics to be covered
- The modern company law in Cyprus
- Nature of company
- Types of companies
- Promotion of a company
- The consequences of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Changing a company’s name
- Registering, altering and filing charges
- Company’s common seal
- Share capital
- Dividends and profits
- Membership in a company
- Borrowing powers
- Loans, investments and public deposits
- Company management and administration
- Company meetings
- Company resolutions
- Accounts and Audit
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Business reorganisation: reconstruction, mergers, acquisitions
- Conversion of companies
- Liquidation process
- Winding up of a company
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Demetris Savvides
Mr. Savvides is in the field of corporate administration and business development of Kesconsutl Ltd and is heading the legal department of the firm.
He is in the Company Secretarial field for the past 15 years and for the last 4 years he has been serving the industry as an active member of the law council of Cyprus.
He has been in charge of regulatory and supervisory functions in order to manage prevailing statutory norms and secure the financial and legal standards applicable to business operations. Mr. Savvides has also extensive experience that covers the full spectrum from all aspects of implementation of complex national or transnational tax minimization strategies, and support in compliance matters.
Finally, he is serving as the journal correspondent of the International Public Private Partnership Law Review.
Per Participant: €550
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.