Capital Markets, Private Equity and Alternative Funding
Registration Deadline: 15 May 2018
Training Dates: 22 & 23 May 2018
Training Hours: 08:30 - 17:00
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This programme will focus on different options of raising capital for corporations through alternative debt and equity instruments. As part of the programme, CEOs, CFOs and those in charge of the organization’s financing will learn if and how to use capital markets for financing a business and obtain a better understanding of a company’s unique selling proposition with regards to investors. The course will examine the financing mixes and investor types that are best suited for varying business models and during different phases of a business, from start-up to restructuring cases. The objective is to understand how the dependence on traditional bank financing can be reduced.
- Identify alternative sources of debt and equity financing
- Understanding of equity and debt valuation
- Knowledge about capital markets instruments
- Gaining an insight into the risks and opportunities of an issuance process
- Understanding of investors’ expectations
- Board level managers (CEOs & CFOs)
- Senior manager in charge of the organization’s financing
- Corporate finance lawyers and restructuring professionals
- Banking and investment professionals
Topics to be covered
- Financial statement analysis
- Internal versus external financing
- Use of ratio analysis for investors
- How to define and how to measure value
- Estimating risk parameters and costs of financing
- The issuance process: an overview
- Investors’ communication
- From bonds to equity: perpetuals, hybrids and convertibles
- Equity raising pre-IPO, IPO and post-IPO
- Reasons that lead to financial restructuring
- Investors and creditor relations in times of crisis
- Debt prolongation and debt-to-equity swaps
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect in your business environment.
Dr. Sven Janssen
With more than 15 years of experience in corporate finance, capital markets financing, restructuring and financial analysis, Dr Sven Janssen has led several teams through transformation phases and strategic repositioning in the financial services industry.
Among others Dr Janssen was head of Capital Markets where he was responsible for devising corporate mandates, structuring and executing issuance processes for equity and debt instruments with a total volume of more than EUR 3.5 billion. He advised on restructuring and refinancing matters thereby coordinating with varying institutional investors.
Recently he masterminded the takeover of a competitive company in the financial services industry and oversaw the integration of an ESMA regulated business, followed by its strategic repositioning.
Besides the banking, insurance and asset management industry, Dr Janssen has a sound knowledge of the consumer goods and property industry, as well as venture capital and private equity markets.
Dr Janssen studied in the UK, USA, France, Switzerland and Germany and holds a PhD in Finance/Banking and Corporate Strategy from the University of Bath (UK), which was published as a book by Palgrave Macmillan. He is the author of more than 10 articles and a sought-after public speaker with appearances on national and international TV.
Per Participant: €380
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, lunch, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Participation is subject to availability.