Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing
Registration Deadline: 20 November 2017
Training Dates: 04 & 06 December 2017
Training Hours: 14:00 - 19:30
Location: CIIM Nicosia ( View Map )
Language of Instruction: English
This training programme aims at communicating essential information and further the understanding regarding the latest developments and typologies in AML – CFT.
Throughout the training, participants will utilize case-studies and real-life scenarios and address some of the key challenges in the implementation and operation of effective AML – CFT for the regulated sectors of the economy.
The programme can be approved for 10 CPD units.
- Understand important aspects on AML – CFT and appreciate best-practices
- Examine the latest international and domestic developments
- Consider threats and typologies
- Comprehend client due diligence and economic profiling
- Appreciate the effective implementation of risk-based approach for AML – CFT
- Understand recognition and reporting procedures of suspicious transactions and activities
- Providers of Compliance and Audit Services
- AML – CFT Reporting Officers
- Information Systems Managers
- Legal Practitioners
- Professionals from Financial Intelligence Units and Regulators
- Managers and Executives in Regulated Sectors
Topics to be covered
- Overview of AML: theory, main provisions, legal and regulatory framework
- Client acceptance and categorisation
- The compliance function
- Director’s role and responsibilities
- Money laundering using Trust and Company Service Providers
- Money laundering and terrorist financing vulnerabilities of legal professionals
- Risks in AML – CFT
- The risk-based approach
- Using technology for the compliance function
- Analysis of the main provisions of the 4th EU AML directive
- Challenges for the regulated sectors
All CIIM Executive Education programmes are developed and taught by CIIM resident and visiting faculty who are widely recognised as skilled professional trainers with local and international business experience. Through many years of business consulting and teaching experience, CIIM faculty develop innovative long-lasting practical concepts that shape the practice of your daily professional responsibilities. The result is a practical educational experience which is designed to have an immediate effect into your business environment.
Mr. Nicos Pavlides
Mr. Pavlides holds the position of Legal, Compliance and Secretarial Manager of SFS Group. In addition, he is the Group Compliance Officer for the listed company SFS Group. His other duties include the provision of legal advice and opinions to the companies of SFS Group and legal support to the departments on various capital markets and company law issues, as for e.g. compliance matters for the investment firm of SFS Group, client agreements, legal aspects of prospectuses for listing of securities and information memorandums for shipping funds.
Since 2004, he also supports the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (‘CySEC’) legal department. His duties at CySEC include the provision of legal advice on supervision and regulation of the securities market, the investigation of possible breaches on the securities laws and enforcement measures, as well as advising on the reform and development of the securities regulatory regime (for instance, in the area of anti-money laundering legislation).
Per Participant: €275
No VAT is charged due to CIIM’s non-profit status. Fees include tuition, educational materials, coffee-breaks and refreshments.
To proceed with your registration, please click the button below to apply online. Reservation of seat is subject to availability.